Rear Air Deflector Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have one but I am also looking into getting one. It is annoying in this weather how dirty the back gets. I am not sure how well they really work if it is worth drilling into the Lib for. I have read you want to be careful on placement, if you accidentally mount it too low the glass hinges hit it.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe, but don't quote me on this... I believe they mount to the rear flipper glass hinges and it swings up and down with the glass. That's the reason for the plastic cover being open on the up side. Just a thought.

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told you have to drill in the body to mount them. Main reason I never got one. I kind of like the way the look

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to drill into the body. For someone who knows what they are doing, it`s probably not too hard to install. But, since it involved drilling, I let the dealership do it. Paid more, but rather have them do it then me...

They did a great job and you can see pics of it on my cardomain site (link is in my sig). It helps to keep it a little cleaner, but no matter what you do, you will not keep any window dirt free. [-X

All in all, I like the look of it. =P~

Mike

CoasterG

Reaction score
I had one installed on my 02 Grand Cherokee and it was fine - had a body shop install it since it involved drilling an area where leaks where possible. Had it for about 2 years and no leaking at all.