raw diesel smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lancesr

Reaction score
Ok, I am a little stumped on this one...... when I shut off the CRD and when I start it I am getting a very strong raw diesel smell from the intake side of the engine, I cannot see any signs of leaks, nothing dripping on the ground but that smell of diesel.... if there are any suggestions please....:shrug:

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
Ok, I am a little stumped on this one...... when I shut off the CRD and when I start it I am getting a very strong raw diesel smell from the intake side of the engine, I cannot see any signs of leaks, nothing dripping on the ground but that smell of diesel.... if there are any suggestions please....:shrug:

Start with checking around the fuel filter? is this after you shut it off and still warm, or after it has cooled off? The injection is at extreme high pressure, could be a injector is leaking up on start and then sealing after start? Not sure but throwing ideas out.

Latest posts

Members online