rattling noise...help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay hoping someone can point me in the right direction...I have had his rattling noise for a while now - it comes and goes, and for the life of me, I cannot pinpoint what it is. I have replaced suspension parts, front driveshaft, double and triple checked that everything is tight, and it still persists. I even wondered if it was the bumper rattling, but it seems very metallic sounding. See the videos below to hear (hopefully) what it sounds like from a quick trip this past weekend, it happens on highway and off, without any apparent catalyst.

Video 1

Video 2

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing hanging down hitting something
Could hardly hear it
Have you banged on the exhaust with your hand ?
I had a similar sound on the 04 , hunted forever, finally a buddy started it and sat in it and I crawled underneath with it in gear ( trusting soul LOL) .
Found a slightly loose heat shield that was tight but just was close enough to rattle ever so slightly

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, your input and expertise on this forum is consistent and valuable. I realize those videos weren't the best, but the noise is quite noticeable while you are driving, just only at seemingly random times. I have checked the exhaust and heat shields, can't find anything loose or hanging for the life of me...it's maddening!