Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bennett, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
    After my recent Identity fraud.
    The smartest thing I ever did was pay off my credit card and then terminate the damn thing.
    I look at all the interest people pay every month with their credit cards!
    No thanks, not for me any longer.
    I don't earn enough to subsidize some wall street annual bonus program for people who have never worked.

2. wheeee32

wheeee32 Full Access Member

I'm with ya'll on the credit cards being paid off. I only use the one I have for the bills and anything I actually have the money to pay for. Other than those things it doesn't get used.

3. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Another low blow for me!
    A friend of 20 years just passed away after a ten year battle with stomach cancer.
    Went from 349 lbs. to 101 lbs.!
    Must of been the 16 pounds of "Doritos" and 1kg. of smarties she ate every other day!
    Stupid person.
    I loved her dearly, she was the god mother to my daughters.
    Rest in peace Sandra "Sam" Ms Dougall.

4. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

Sorry to hear that socks. geez it seems like it never ends.

Daystar lift ordered.

Who's coming to the install? :)

5. wheeee32

Okay newb question. What are the red pieces? A-arms? Are they lighter/stronger than stock?

6. Corwyyn

Corwyyn Full Access Member

Those are the JeepinByAl aftermarket upper control arms, designed to add approx 3/8"(?) offset which makes it easier to get the front end back in alignment. They also have greasable/serviceable ball joints instead of the factory nongreaseable joints.

7. yellocoyote

yellocoyote Administrator

Yeah... what he said. :D

I ordered them after watching another local go through having his upper ball joints fail. Wanted the JBA's for a long time, but this post was the last straw... didn't want to see the same thing happen to my kj - especially if the family was along for the ride. :(

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=429657

8. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Ok,
    Weather or not people here want to believe what I have to write here is totally up to you.
    Some SOB script kiddy has been causing me nothing but problems. Bank info, posting crap all over the internet.
    Including here.
    Getting crap in the mail. etc.
    I've been in and out of the hospital all week long and then when I get home in the evening and log on here I find all these messages that "I have posted"
    I narrowed it down (I think) to a wireless router I have.
    And I think this prick is using my internet connection. (If that's possible? I'm no computer expert.)
    Bastard will be found and some back yard justice will be applied.

9. Marlon_JB2

Lock your router down.

Lock it down hard.

I mean to the point where ONLY your MAC addresses can join the network.

10. wheeee32

My thoughts exactly. Get someone to help you trace the bastard first then lock it down. Then go to town with the shenanigans.Kick.gifsmashfreakB.gif

11. Cableguy

Cableguy Full Access Member

"Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?"

And oh, you should all be disturbed to know that last night a bunch of grown ass men installed a $7000 window in a $110 million airplane while rocking out to "Scotty Doesn't Know" by Lustra. Yes, from the Eurotrip Soundtrack. We are that retarded. :D rockon.gif

12. Atrus

Atrus Full Access Member

Hahaha, my wife thinks I am an a-hole because I jam that regularly. I love it when I am sitting in a meeting with the directors and above for a client and I am rockin' it in my head. Yeah, I am immature and proud of it.

13. Marlon_JB2

Kevin, now you stop laughing right meow!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wbuq1sZvFIE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wbuq1sZvFIE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Atrus

Atrus Full Access Member

"License and registration.....CHICKEN F*&KER!"

"I don't want a Large Farva. I want a goddamn liter 'o cola!"

15. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Mass shooting and gang killings in the Metro Vancouver are!

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/bc/index.html

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-co...bc-sureshot-tactical-hunting-police-raid.html

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-co...bc-sureshot-tactical-hunting-police-raid.html

There is more on this topic... Just have to look for it!

Most of the local residents here in the Lower mainland of Vancouver,B.C. wouldn't of even known about this if it wasn't for the Local and National News broadcasts.

After the last seizure of weapons in the lower mainland,B.C. of fully automatic, semi-automatic rifles and hand guns, Machine pistols, and various types shotguns...
    NATO regular and Armour piercing Teflon coated ammunition (tens of thousands of rounds and several hundred magazines for those weapons. Makes you wonder just what is out on the streets of Metro Vancouver!)
    And how many have been shot and killed here in the last 8 days. Then as I watch the news this evening, two more were shot!
    How long before Innocent people start getting shot and or killed?
    All you folks have got to remember that this is Canada!
    This IS not usual for us here in the West coast!
    Unfortunately we do not have the same "Right to own/bear fire arms" as the American public do.
    In the same capacity as you folks do.
    Carry a Concealed weapon?
    NOT Here!
    In your vehicle?
    Oh sure!
    Only if you want to risk being arrested!
    A Hand gun locked in a steel box with a trigger lock! with no ammunition loaded in the cylinder or magazine, in your trunk of your vehicle. {And only when traveling directly to and from a certified, designated shooting range without stops in between!}
    I don't think so!
    (Some protection!)
    Little good that does if some one points a gun at you when you are driving with your wife and children on the way home from a restaurant or movie and you happen to give the driver next to "a look" that might insult him/her!
    And they pull a piece on you!
    Sure, F__CK THAT!
    It has to change.
    Too many Innocent people getting wasted because of all the crap going on here in the last week.

I even placed a friendly wager with Jen ( ¢.25) to see how many more people will be shot or executed within the next 7 days!

And it is going to continue to get worse!

I'm not paranoid by any means, but, I have been in a few situations when I was a twenties punk where it would of been nice to know that Me and my friends were packing! Having something with you that you can defend you, your family, or friends with; sounds very practical to me and my wife!

I watched on the news today that in January alone in Mexico that 1000 Drug affiliated ("Dealers") people were killed and a total of 7000 in the last two years in Mexico alone!
    Mexico has allocated some 40,000.00 soldiers just to the cause of eradicating
    their "Drug problem".
    Now, we all know that just is not going to work in reality!

And the numbers of "Drug related" people who have been killed or injured here in our Lower mainland as of today and in the last week, are supposedly associated with the Mexico connection! Lovely!

My wife Jeniffer and I want a baby (Already have a name picked out! Kaycy {Kaycey} Jackson Heibloem.. K.J.Heibloem for a boy or girl... {Or some spelling derivative spelling of the name!} Yeah I know... K.J.! What did you expect? I named my first daughter after John Cooper {The man who built the Mini Cooper and my second daughter after Alec Issigonis... The man who designed the Mini in the first place!)
    The the point is, what kind of world would he/she grow up in?
    Hopefully full of Mini's and Jeep's and a load of 4X4'ing! and not full of Pestilence and modern day "Drug gang warfare"

Heck yeah!
    I want to be able to carry a fire arm or two or three!
    One on the small of my back or hip (Glock 9mm or .45, one on the ankle (Extra Glock 9mm or .45, and something like a Remington Riot Master 12 gauge or an AR15 (I do not need a fully automatic, I think a semi-auto AR15 [M-16 semi-auto in the USA?] I believe would be very as well, maybe even more accurate?) stowed within easy reach of the driver or passenger.
    (Of coarse, My wife and I would gladly pay for "Official training for all "Protection we own" and the safety and well being of our children!)
    Second Amendment for me Please!
    But in Canada!

If the R.C.M.P. do not change things as far as gun control is concerned, just watch, things will get out of hand and people will start defending themselves with illegal fire arms and other weapons weather the Federal, Royal Canadian Mounted Police Claim to have "Everything under control" or not.
    Don't get me wrong, I do not want it to get to that.

I really do think America is onto something "With the right to bear arms!"
    It is time for us Canadians to follow suit!
    It should be our right as well.

I have read on L.O.S.T. and other sites about how KJ and other vehicle owners have "C.C.W." (Carry a concealed weapon? Is that acronym correct?)
    And they have a "Holster" mounted in front of their Mag lite flash light on the seat rail between the seat and door or under the seat for ease of access?
    It makes total sense!
    For the longest time time us Canadians only thought that it only happened everywhere but in our own neighborhood/backyard! Considering that civilians have been incorrectly targeted by these gang members who just start shooting!

I look forward to everyones reply!

I also hope that this topic that does not start some ridicules feud! :D

Ryan09 Formally known as "Socks"

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  16. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Down here in Florida the law was passed about 3 years ago. I don't need a gun in the KJ because I work out the house now. Down here I don't think it's necessary to carry a gun in your vehicle, just lock your doors and roll up your windows!!! P.S. How did you change your user name???

17. Marlon_JB2

Ryan09?

Am I gonna be able to get used to that?

18. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

At first I thought you were a new guy with an 09 KK!!!!! It's gonna take a while for me to get used to that!!!! Any reason for changing it:D????

19. Marlon_JB2

Socks was just so fitting of Ry's silly, often misunderstood Canadian personality.

Am I ever gonna be able to find anyone to do something with my head?

... and I like hanging out with Jasmine. :) Gonna have to do that more often. As long as I don't get stuck in Little Brother Status like the previous times. (But in this case I'm older...)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  20. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Good day everybody,
    I changed my login name due to the unwanted "visitor" that has been rubbing me the wrong way with my Internet/router.
    Also cleaned out the whole computer and reinstalled everything. Since doing so I don't have anymore problems... Yet!
    Feel fre to call me socks or Ryan.