Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bennett, Aug 12, 2006.
That guy is really a topnotch salesman. :Insane:
I guess you could say it's "experienced".
How-to guide for syncing a new iPhone XR to the Uconnect in a 2012 WK2.
1. Head out to the garage in stocking feet and with no jacket (because, this it will only take a minute or two.)
2. Hop in Jeep, put key in ignition and turn to auxillary.
3. Press phone button on steering wheel and follow instructions, just like you did when you synced you old phone. Say, "setup" Say "pair new phone" Enter PIN code, say name of device, etc.
4. Go through process until you need to hit Bluetooth key on phone.
5. Go back inside, because you forgot your phone on the kitchen counter next to the fridge. Grab a beer while your there.
6. restart step 3 because the sync timed out while you looked for the bottle opener. Repeat step 3.
7. press the Bluetooth button on the iPhone and wait for the magic to happen.
8. Think WTF? as it reads, "Pairing unsuccessful"
9. Repeat step 3.
10. Curse softly as it once again, after a few minutes reads "pairing unsuccessful"
11. Look in owners manual for guidance, but first go back inside to get reading glasses. Read the exact process you just did.
12. repeat step 3 as you read, slowly and aloud, page 66 in the manual.
13. curse loudly as it reads "pairing unsuccessful"
feet are getting cold
14. go back inside for shoes, grab another beer on the way back out to garage and trip over boot laces that you didn't bother to tie.
15. Repeat step 3, only this time reply "Yes" to "Reset all setting?"
16. drop several F-bombs when it reads "pairing unsuccessful" Flip through manual for several minutes trying to find more information.
17. repeat step 3 with every conceivable pattern of answers and in every imagined status of vehicle. Running with radio on, running with radio off, door closed, door open, press phone button on radio unit instead of steering wheel.
18 bash head against steering wheel as it reads "pairing unsuccessful"
Damn, it's cold out here.
18. go back inside and for hoodie, put pizza in oven and consider making a bloody mary, but just grab another beer.
19. Search Jeep website, go back outside to retrieve registration because you will need VIN number to check for updates to your Uconnect system. Once again trip over the boot laces that you still haven't bothered to tie.
No updates available
21. Call IT guy from work to have him say, "Oh, it's easy, just follow the prompts from the vehicle.
22. make a mental note to slap the IT guy tomorrow at work.
23. Google, "iPhone XR Jeep Uconnect problems" to find several pages suggesting "Just follow the prompts from the vehicle"
24. Make a mental note to smack Google if you ever meet him.
25. Dash to kitchen to remove crispy pizza from oven. Burn thumb and fore finger.
26. Sit on sofa, eating well-done pizza and drinking warm beer grumbling about stupid technology and the general state of the world nowadays.
27. Go back to garage and repeat step 3 exactly 5 more times until it actually, inexplicably, miraculously, works this time.
Smack the Google guy once for me too. He's an a**hole and probably owes me money...
What's all this talk about slapping IT guys? :help:
Oh, not you Prof.
The other :favorites68:IT guys, only them...
I can get you some names, if you want to slap a few more. :gr_grin:
My dog runs faster than I'm willing to drive.
That's why I don't have a dog...
Random Thoughts? You want some Random Thoughts?
Well, I got ya Random Thoughts right heah!!! laugh.gif
Do you think clouds ever look down and think
" that ones shaped like an idiot "
asking for a friend :emotions34:
I once made the mistake of "nearly" slapping my IT guy. After that I had to become my own IT guy.
I looked for the eclipse but it wasn't there.
Major gas line blew up today near my home.
Sounded like a jet taking off for just a little while, then large " BOOM"
shook the whole house , vibrated pictures off the walls , looked out and huge flame shooting in the sir ( find out later 80-90 feet )house vibrated for the next 30-40 minutes till then got it shut in.
Several out buildings including a big barn gone plus two houses and a few cars , like something you see in a war movie.
The one house foundation is there, rest is just gone, dust. Cars completely burned.
One person was burned , so very lucky not more.
We've got gas lines crisscrossing everywhere down here and well pads every few feet so look out !!
Got me woke up though this morning
I seen it !!!!!!!!!!!:gr_grin:
Does it bother anyone else that the guy from the Operation game was clearly wide awake?
He was an Out Patient , they gave him a local
Anyone ever hear from Jim McClain? I sometimes wonder when prominent members haven't posted in a while. I know his health wasn't the greatest. I sure hope all is well with him.
I've been wondering about him myself.
He seemed to be living on luck-time. Well beyond expectations, and well.
I sent him a PM,and he replied he is well. Life just takes over sometimes and forums become a little lower on the priority list. I can certainly relate.
Separate names with a comma.