Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bennett, Aug 12, 2006.

1. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

I'm seeing 5154... you early?

Oops, I see.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

He'll grow.

3. Atrus

Atrus Full Access Member

For sure - I mean, this wasn't even the body shop. The contracted damage appraiser for the insurance company was lazy. For example, he couldn't get the odometer reading as "the unit wouldn't power up". When I went to inspect the vehicle, I hooked up jumper cables to the WK and everything powered right up....the battery just drained or was damaged somehow. He didn't even make an attempt to get the reading out of it other than turning the key.

He didn't take the time to actually assess the damage, just wrote it up as needing "front clip".

What's funny to me is I hit the deer back in Nov, and frankly, it was more damaging than this. That bill was $4k and insurance didn't even consider totalling it. This time around, it looks gnarlier, but a 30 second inspection showed me that the damage was mostly superficial. The only thing that made it inoperable was that the bumper pushed into the trans cooler line, which bent and cracked the boss on the cooler itself, allowing it to leak fluid. Otherwise, I believe it'd still be mobile, just ugly.

We'll find out tomorrow when I get the bumper unbolted and the new trans cooler installed.

I'm going to just let it sit and watch the junkyard near me to see if a Pewter GMC comes in that I can steal the hood and fender from. Those will be the toughest pieces to get cheaply (meaning, new metal I would have to have it painted).

4. CzarKJ

CzarKJ Full Access Member

Sooo I did a thing.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

5. sota

sota Full Access Member

I f**ked up my left big toe somehow. Think it's a major sprain, as nothing seems broken. Hurts like a MOTHER though. And of course we have a possible major storm coming in tomorrow night that I might be called out to plow.

6. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

And are we going to see pics of the outside?

Looks like the 'puppy' approves.

7. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

I'd think that color is super easy to find, literally every 2000-2005 GM SUV is that color. :happy175:

My Bravada was that color, my parent's Envoy was that color, every Trail Blazer I had for a rental was that color :happy175:

8. CzarKJ

Well if you must :)

[​IMG]

9. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Nice looking truck!!!

10. Leeann

I must. Good-looking truck.

11. ltd02

ltd02 Comfortably numb KJ Supporting Member

Sharp looking truck! I like that color and real bumpers...

Saw someone hit a deer today. Well, actually the deer hit them. I was tempted to finish it off but too many people around and fell at a bad spot.

12. CzarKJ

Ya I like it a lot. It really has everything I could ever want. The diesel engine is a beast. Once the turbo spools up it pulls like no other.

Anyone want to buy a jeep? Lol

13. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Could be dislocated. I stubbed "second-to-big-toe" on a concrete step and watched it turn black and blue in a minute once... Didn't want to go to the pain druggies at the clinic so I walked funny for two days until it popped back while I was carrying a load, about to go to the clinic. Hurt like a MOTHER!

14. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Against the law to snatch a roadkill moose or folks would hunt them with their trucks. Troopers keep a list of people willing to go get the meat. Maryland seemed to leave the deer along the road. Heat can make a fast difference but fresh roadkill is good food.

15. ltd02

I've heard that about moose in other areas too. Better have the old ARB on and maybe a deuce and a half for them. Not even sure what the roadkill rules are in MD. Always a bit too warm for my "taste". I know you can take them in PA but not sure if you have to report it first. Last one I finished off was up there and the trooper said go for it. Nice buck.

Yep you have to get them quick down here. It was up near 60F yesterday too so I'd only take one that I saw hit cause otherwise you'd just get sick... I'm pretty proficient at processing them. Used to butcher our own during the season back in the day.

Hmmm, now I'm gonna have to defrost me some venison this weekend. Got a few packages in the freezer.

16. Leeann

^ you need to get a tag, but you can take roadkill. We watched 3 deer hit in front of our house get taken. Third one was a comedy act - young guy with a pickup, young cop - neither one had the first idea how to get the deer onto the bed. It flopped at least 5 times...was very amusing.

17. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

^^Deer all over the place here. But we also have moose and moose crossing signs in a couple of places. You hit one of those and you will be the road-kill. We had a moose loose in town and the state had to come trank him and relocate him back up the mountain. This is NY and we got everything here. Mostly deer, then bear next, a few moose wander over from Vermont and get lost here and we have a small population. We even got couger in the mountains cause they love venison. ENCON won't admit it, but we got them too.

Dave

18. turblediesel

turblediesel memberable

Moose are in town all over Alaska. Cops get called for moose entangled with fences, Christmas lights, clotheslines, and traumatic cow/calf seperations; And when cars hit them. There's a spiffy new Chevy truck all moose-smashed in at my big road that's been there for weeks; guess the driver had warrents or he would have towed it by now. It wasn't the neighborhood cow and calf that's been browsing for a month.

19. ltd02

Do they get tangled in RV park swing sets like the Farmers commercial...

20. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

CzarKJ: Nice Truck!
    Atrus: OMG. We will discuss this later but I'm glad the wife and kids are OK! (Yukon of bad luck?)

Random:

Hmm, since the return of the earring and chain are driving people insane, guess I'll get me a ring with a huge "M" on it to drive people to the insane asylum? lol3.gif

...gotta find one!