Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bennett, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Jo6pak

Jo6pak Full Access Member

Wintery mix of snow, freezing rain here today:icon_cry:

2. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

Bright, sunny, a little breezy but 67° here.

3. yellocoyote

yellocoyote Administrator

Supposed to be mid-60's with isolated t-storms. Doesn't look bad out there yet.

4. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

Got bright and sunny and supposed to hit 50 degrees today. (possible showers though.....darn)

Dave

5. OneOneNiner

OneOneNiner Full Access Member

Hey Cherrie, if it makes you feel any better.....Today is stormy, gloomy, I still have a canoe strapped to my truck, and my shoulder is on FIRE.

Ahhh....the yin and the yang.

I don't hit the water without my Sadie Susan. She loves the water and makes a great teammate(just wish she could learn to paddle).
    It is way more stable when the dog has room to lay and that's the way you'll want it. Plus Eli ain't getting no smaller.
    I know it's a few more bucks, but might I suggest a OT Twin Otter.
    It is an amazingly great yak, and is great for solo runs with room for an ice chest.
    Removal of the front seat would make a top notch kayak for a dog lover, and I assure you that you won't want to go without him once you start bringing him.

6. yellocoyote

Forever doomed to be the destroyer of kittens and puppies everywhere... :(

[​IMG]

In case you can't read it, the tag reads "MOMZCAR." *sigh*

7. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

Sigh...

8. Cherrie

Cherrie Full Access Member

A little sun this morning then winter mix now back to some sun. Jeanette told me its suppose to do this all week. I'm almost out of wood. Usually this time of year Im just picking up branch to load boiler. Might have to turn on propane if this keeps up:(.
    But I bought another kayak so I'm staying positive that at some point Ice and Snow will melt!

9. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

You can say that again.

10. SurfGuitar141

SurfGuitar141 Full Access Member

Beautiful spring day here at the South Jersey Seashore, mid 60's, sunny, with a bit of a breeze.....

Had a good day at the shooting range, tested some new reloads, beat up on the steel plate racks with my 1911, and got some Bullseye practice in with my .22 target pistol....

Spring and fall are the best times living here, the weather isn't too hot or cold, and no tourists invading our space yet, come Memorial Day this place turns to :poop: and this year may be worse with many of the northern beach communities still recovering from hurricane Sandy, all those displaced tourists will be heading further south looking for their weekend get-a-way, or weekly summer rental......

11. Cherrie

Why is it that I always have a co - worker that has some kind of personal relationship with owner,or supervisor. Can be late for work or not show up at all take numerous days off. And not do their job when they are here. Rules for attendance breaks/ lunch do not apply. My supervisor my co workers friend;);), has told me that he has talked to her about productivity, break rules and talking,( I didn't complain he just talks about things he shouldn't) Last month another worker gave work an ultimatum give me a raise or I quit. Well they walked her out the door. Next day my co-worker screamed I was trying to do her job and get her fired just like I had other employee. She did this in front of another supervisor(receiving). I was informed that co-worker was "talked to" and would not be repeating the accusation about me. Well she didn't use my name but continued her story.
    Then last week my supervisor asked where she was, I had just returned with parts and passed her as she pulled in to McDonalds, so I said out for lunch. He said I bet she didn't punch out again! He grabs her time card and looks and sure enough no punch. He "talked" to her and she come's by me screaming I looked at her card I was trying to get her fired. Supervisor was right there and said "no I did ". She walks away comes back screams another accusation, Supervisor again is right there. This continued a few more times then I talked to the Supervisor. He said "oh this will blow over you know she's different". End of day a went back to where I unloaded parts and co- worker was back in receiving, talking.Receiving supervisor thought I had over heard what was being said. I hadn't, advised me I needed to talk to HR. I just really want to get out of there and get another job. With no drama, so I said I'd think about it. Receiving supervisor said if I talked to HR, have them contact her. So I thought about it and decided to go to HR.
    HR got receiving supervisors report and went up the ladder. (Receiving supervisor did not tell me what was being said. I still do not know.) So now new plant manger has it. I just keep praying I get a better job.Soon.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  12. TheBlueKJ

TheBlueKJ Full Access Member

That sucks. I seem to be the whipping boy at my job. Say if I forget my name tag my manager has a ***** fit to me about it when someone else on the job isn't in uniform at all. Mind you no one else wears a name tag and the one time I forget mine I get yelled at. The parts manager always has me doing all of his work, like putting all of the parts away and making sure everything is in the right spot while he sits there and talks to my other coworker who thinks shes the best at everything and lies about every aspect of her life. She doesn't even know what valve covers are hmmm. Many many things about my job irritate me but hey at least I have one.

13. ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie Bronze Supporter

Welcome to the working world, young man.

14. Cherrie

Yea I glad to be working ( Ive said before I'm weird I like to work), but this is ridiculous. I would have never took the job if they had been honest with me. Now I can't afford to quit.

15. ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie Bronze Supporter

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

16. Cherrie

So they wrote her up. Didn't make her apologize.
    I awoke and found this
    [​IMG]
    But I get my revenge on Eli because he's getting neutered today:).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  17. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

I see he got into your money stash too....neutered, yeah that will teach him...LOL

Dave

18. Jaber

Jaber Full Access Member

Flooding roads, dumb people... Great combo for disaster! Bad combo for poor cars that are getting flooded. People apparently either don't pay enough attention or are stupid.

19. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

Almost there...

20. yellocoyote

My basement is slowly becoming a wading pool...