Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bennett, Aug 12, 2006.

1. OneOneNiner

OneOneNiner Full Access Member

Hey Bird, hollatchaboy. Might be your lucky day.

2. SurfGuitar141

SurfGuitar141 Full Access Member

A .357 Magnum and a German Shepard make for a great home defense system......

Half the homes surrounding me have a some point in the 20 years I've lived here gotten broken into and robbed.....they have never touched my property.....

3. ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie Bronze Supporter

Ain't no hollaback bub
    [YT]Kgjkth6BRRY[/YT]

This shit is bananas.

4. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

You're not going to believe this...

The inspection didn't go at all. He said "Nobody was at home."

Yeah no stuff Sherlock. The instructions were laid out to you there on the paper you had me fill out, which specifically said the house was vacant and gave instructions on how to get in!!! Ugh!!! I explained this to him and he says:

"Well it looked like it was occupied."

YEAH THAT'S KINDA THE POINT!!!! TO KEEP IDIOT THIEVES OUT OF IT!

Claims he will be back tomorrow. Trust and believe I will be strapped to my cell phone tomorrow to harass him!

Free Jeep?!

Wish I had known about that...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  5. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

Free to me because she's my best friend and I helped them a lot.

So there ;)

6. Cherrie

Cherrie Full Access Member

Yea first day of spring
    [​IMG]

7. 1BADKJ

1BADKJ Full Access Member

You should fix that TPMS problem.

8. Cherrie

Nope, I will be putting my "summer" wheels on soon. I can almost make it to work before it comes on. I think it's fun to try and see if I can make it to parking lot. But how safe can relaying on TPMS be if you park by someone that can reset yours?
    My other wheels are in pole barn but not by where I park. 15' away.

9. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

So you have no tpm's in your spare winter wheels? Or you do have them and pressure is low?

Either way it wouldn't hurt to check them and even them out. You probably lost some pressure due to the cold weather.

Dave

10. Cherrie

No TPMS in them I couldn't justify the expense !

11. ThunderbirdJunkie

ThunderbirdJunkie has no TPMS in his summer OR winter tires for his Jetta. He checks his tire pressure, so why bother? The light doesn't come on until <20 psi.

12. 1BADKJ

1BADKJ Full Access Member

I shoved all my tpms sensors in the spare tire of my suburban. That way they are always at the perfect pressure. And the light stays out.

13. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

wow!!!!!!!

14. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

Ha, that works. I broke one a while back and got an OEM replacement at the dealer for an 05 KJ and it was $52 and change if I remember right. Should have just done what you did and taken them all out at the time.. I regularly check my tire pressure too so the TPMS are not necessary for me either. Now all of a sudden I have 5 extra ones but the batteries are probably at the end of their service life so they are probably worthless.

Dave

15. ThunderbirdJunkie

Oh, the sensors are still in the factory wheels :p Just not in the wheels ThunderbirdJunkie uses.

16. Jaber

Jaber Full Access Member

Not looking forward to today. We have a real busy weekend coming up and my wife just called me saying "My jeep is leaking a yellow, neon, looking fluid. small drips".

Considering if I should take a poke at it or have the dealer take care of it, since it's still under warranty and not even 10k miles on the ODO. Ugh... HATE the dealers. They take forever to look at one simple thing and then expect you to wait forever.

EDIT: And being at work doesn't help. So most likely going to have to drop it off today and maybe get word tomorrow.

17. rockymountain

rockymountain Full Access Member

Yellow? no yellow fluid I know of unless she's mistaken it for orangish red coolant. Probably water pump seeping fluid around the seal. Mine was leaking right down from the water pump so any puddle will be right in the middle under the front of the engine. Cost me about $80 for a new pump and everything.

18. Jaber

Jaber Full Access Member

You're right. Was thinking of my other car. She said looked a bit greenish, yellow as well. But she just got off a 12 hour shift and has a DR appointment. So she's not happy right now lol. Luckily she doesn't work tonight.

EDIT: Her's is a 2012.

EDIT EDIT: Called her again and was mistaken. She let the car sit and confirmed its rear passenger area. She thought it was the front area, but might of been when she moved the car a bit.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  19. AAXFabian

AAXFabian New Member

So a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel shoved down his pants. The bartender says to him, "Hey bud. Did you know you have a steering wheel in your pants?" The pirate looks at him and say "AYE, it drives me nuts!"

20. SurfGuitar141

SurfGuitar141 Full Access Member

OK....remind me again it's now spring........???

So why was it snowing all day, big wet flakes, and windy too, near white out conditions for close to a half hour at one point......

So now that I established our lovely seashore weather, I'm still trying to figure out "WHY" I had to work outside in this cold wet crap to connect a pair of air conditioning condensers to a vacation home on the beach......????

The fact that it was snowing is a pretty good indication that this particular customer was not going to need their A/C any time soon, couple that with the fact that this particular property is only use about 4 to 5 months a year as "SUMMER" vacation home, which means the occupants will not be occupying said house for another couple of months......

So why did my boss, in his infinite wisdom, see the need to make me stand out in the cold wet driving snow for 5 hours to accomplish this very unnecessary task......????

Needless to say he caught both barrels for this one, the first barrel contained a strong piece of my mind, the other barrel contained my severely diminished attitude.........

He should be more thankful than me that I now have the next 3 days off......