Radios - Head Units etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running the same old alpine radio for 4+ years. This old alpine is a CDA-9885. I installed it when i was first installing a sub and ridding myself of the 'premium' infinity speakers. I got this at a pawn shop for like $30. I was and still am on a budget.

I already ordered a new touch screen radio with a the gadets and gizmos anyone could want. I will post pics once i got it installed.

This whole process has brought me to this question.

Whats everyone else running budget or not? Double din single din? Are you still running the stock unit?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock unit in all of them
well switched out the 03s that came with a cassette player for one with a CD, funny thing is, never played a CD in it and owned it 28,000 miles

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Swapped in some Pioneer single din one when the stock one crapped out. Nothing too fancy, works fine.

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenwood media reciever no cd i find myself just downloading music to a micro usb and using it with a usb stick for anything i listen too

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my double din blaupunkt head unit, it looks pretty stock looking. The bluetooth is nice to have.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My kj also came stock with the cd cassette combo. I have done alot of research on here and other sites. Reading reviews experiences specs. Information overload no joke.

Side note: Pics are always welcome

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JVC unit with Bluetooth needed phone connectivity for work. Then when the infinity speakers blew I swapped them for JVC units also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with CD only. I swapped in the Cass/CD combo.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock unit in the 05 with the goofy antiquated Nav. I will probably change it someday but sounds okay to me. I can't hear all that well anyway as far as sound quality. My 02 had the stock Cass/CD/changer and actually liked it. Had to refoam both speakers in the 02 and one in the 05 but easy.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JVC unit with Bluetooth needed phone connectivity for work. Then when the infinity speakers blew I swapped them for JVC units also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My current alpine does not have bluetooth. I have aux inputs and an old 30pin apple interface connector. My new unit will have bluetooth which is very nice. The wife and i both have the iphone 7 that doesnt have a headphone jack. They give you an adapter which ofcourse is always attached to my headphones.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock.
I have the cassette CD combo definitely need a sub at some point.

I have a single 12 in a 1 cubic foot box (manufacturer's recommended spec). Just enough to fill in at low volume and still pound good at high volume if you want.

O5berylgrnrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a single 12 in a 1 cubic foot box (manufacturer's recommended spec). Just enough to fill in at low volume and still pound good at high volume if you want.

Im running a kicker square L7 in a custom ported box its more than enough to make the mirrors go wonky

kage860

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My kj also came stock with the cd cassette combo. I have done alot of research on here and other sites. Reading reviews experiences specs. Information overload no joke.

Side note: Pics are always welcome

Here is what my double din looks like with the metro trim kit. I did have a bit of trouble with the kit.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 32

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what my double din looks like with the metro trim kit. I did have a bit of trouble with the kit.

Looks good. I have read most people have to do quite a bit of trimming on the kit and inside the opening.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I went single, removable face plate, remote, high power, USB sirius, bluetooth etc..
Pioneer DEH-X6600BT.
Huge improvement over stock POS.
You must be registered for see images attach
"]
[/URL]
Such great help from everyone in forum, to get me to where I installed it.
Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/recommendations-upgrading-my-stereo-kj-55995/
More pics page 2-post 18: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/recommendations-upgrading-my-stereo-kj-55995/index2.html

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went single, removable face plate, remote, high power, USB sirius, bluetooth etc..
Pioneer DEH-X6600BT.
Huge improvement over stock POS.
"]
[/URL]
Such great help from everyone in forum, to get me to where I installed it.
Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/recommendations-upgrading-my-stereo-kj-55995/
More pics page 2-post 18: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/recommendations-upgrading-my-stereo-kj-55995/index2.html

Where is the one screw to get the bezel out? Ashtray?

Latest posts

Members online