Radio Mount option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the location I chose for mounting my radio and mic holder. As you can see, the unit is just tucked in tightly in between the passenger seat and the console, it fits pretty good, and I haven't had any problems with it in the months it has been there. I chose to mount the mic holder on that trim piece because it is cheap to replace (if I ever need to get rid of the holes), is in a handy location, and comes off for easy drilling. I used a drill mount for my antenna straight on the roof. Ill get a better picture of the antenna up tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be concerned if you ever need to run at 50 watts for any length of time as the heat sink is probably not getting much air - However - I never ran 50 watts except rarely.
- I'm guessing it's 5 20 50 (more or less) .

That said - looks good - like to see a close up of the antenna base.

N8Pff -

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be concerned if you ever need to run at 50 watts for any length of time as the heat sink is probably not getting much air - However - I never ran 50 watts except rarely.
- I'm guessing it's 5 20 50 (more or less) .

That said - looks good - like to see a close up of the antenna base.

N8Pff -
The heat sync is not covered up, and does not touch the floor. It gets warm as any other electronics, but not hot. It is a 50 watt unit. This is only temporary, I will be getting the remote head kit in the future and the unit will be under the seat, and the remote head under the ac/heat controls. I updated to show the antenna mount as well. Thanks!

Where in NJ are you. I have a cb as well we could try a.distance check lol
Cape may county. This is not a CB radio, sorry :shrug: I have a portable cb though so if we were ever on the trails we could talk!

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good, My current 2M is so short it would disappear there :) NMO thru the roof - do you need to pull the headliner?

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha nice. If you mount it in a good spot, you do not have to pull it. The trick is to do it above a dome light so you can reach it by removing the light. I do antenna and wire installations for work so I have done quite a few installs ;)