radio fuse popping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevin mn

Reaction score
Anyone have a link or a diagram for the radio wiring harness? Every other day or as it seems, I'm blowing the fuse (32?) for the stereo. I've had the Jeep for 2 years now and never had this problem until just recently. Seems like if the jeep hits a rough bump or some railroad tracks, the fuse pops. I've gone thru 4 now in a week.

Before someone asks, I've not ever had the stereo out for as long as I've owned it.

If i knew it wouldnt cause a fire, I'd thru a solid clip in there and be done with it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I would be looking for an electrical short happening somewhere.
Pull the radio, look at wiring and connections, see if you can see anything out of the ordinary.
Edit: What year Jeep do you have? Handy to know for the correct FSM wiring diagram.

Last edited:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first suspects would be the harness connection at the back of the radio or the fuseblock area...have you looked up around the steering column area with a flashlight? Loose wires hanging down? Back of fuse block?

Latest posts

Members online