R/C Jeeps

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by jeeper4life, Dec 30, 2012.

1. jeeper4life

jeeper4life Full Access Member

I know we have another thread talking about R/C stuff but I wanted to be special and make my own..plus I didn't like the word "car" :bleh: with that said anybody do any R/C Jeepin? I have been looking at the Axial Jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon. Looks like its back ordered every where. I have kid on the way and figure I won't be able to get out as much as I would like to with my "real" Jeep so I have this old garden plot in my back yard thats all sectioned off and is fairly good sized. I'm not much of a gardener, so I have been thinking about turning it into a mini Badlands off Road park. Anyway just wondering if anybody messed around with wheelin R/C Jeeps..

2. tjkj2002

tjkj2002 Full Access Member

I'm not into the scale rock crawlers.I'm going for more power and speed,Baja style in the 1/5 scale arena.

[​IMG]

Soon a 15HP 57cc Twin cylinder engine will be going in.Oh and that work bench is 48" wide so not a small toy and will weigh over 35lbs.

3. jeeper4life

jeeper4life Full Access Member

Man that weighs more than my pug..and my pug is a big girl for the pug breed..

4. tjkj2002

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  5. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

Looks good. Is that orange paint left over from your KJ?

Dave

6. tjkj2002

Thanks

Nope those panels,and wheels,are dyed orange using RIT dye.I wanted to get the panels painted to match but all the bodyshops,and custom shops,would not touch a small project like that.Better dyed anyways since no worry about needing to be touched up as it will be bashed hard come summer time.