Quick electrical help! Wiring Sirius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies for posting in the general discussions. I want to hard wire a Sirius radio with the supplied Cig. adapter. Can I just cut the cig plug off and put either end to positive? Or will I fry the radio if I use the wrong wire? One of the wires has white dashes on it if that's any indication of pos. or neg.? I'll also put a fuse on the pos. wire. What size? Thanks... I'm anxious to wire this.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will fry it if you hook it up backwards. I believe it goes this way---Take an ohm meter and measure the outside metal part of the plug (that plugs into the sirius unit) and to one of the ends of the wires coming off of that plug. When you get 0 resistance that is you negative or grnd. The other goes to power. How do i know you ask :-k Ive fryed one ](*,) It been a while since i wired mine, you may want to get a second opinion.

Members online

No members online now.