Questions about lifting '07 Liberty / camber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot of reading in this forum and I'm closer to doing a very minimal lift. Still on stock Goodyears and about to get replacement Michelin LTX M/S in stock size. The stock tires on the front are getting chewed on their inboard tread faster than outboard so I'll get an alignment too.

I have bought some conduit nuts and had planned on likely doing the clevis lift. I know this is about 3/8" max at the strut/clevis and equals 5/8" or 3/4" at the wheel?

I'm going to skip the spacer plates up top so that there isn't any question of whether the arm to spring interference occurs.

If I wanted to also do additional rear spring insulators in the rear, should I do 1 extra (2 total) insul. per spring to do a similar (5/8" to 3/4") lift in the rear? And will the rear shocks work w/ that?

Oh, and on slight droop, does the top of the tire move out (pos. camber curve) or in (neg. camber curve?) I think I can do the clevis without immediately going in for an alignment, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
(PS: ultimately, I'd like to do JBA arms and about a 2" or 2.5" lift w/ 245/75 tires but that's not in the budget for now. Yes, I'm aware that the stock shocks are already junk at current mileage per my reading on here. :))

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
It's a negative camber curve.

After being freshly lifted, ThunderbirdJunkie's KJ had about 2.5 degrees of negative camber...he was able to dial that back in to about 1 degree with about 2 degrees of caster.

However, your inside edgewear is not due to camber, it's likely toe that's killing them.

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick R. I'll schedule everything at one time then.
I'm not tackling alignment myself at this time. I'm currently just up to doing my own tire mounting / balancing and have a bad habit of having to have tools that I seldom use. :D