question on 4link part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://4xguard.com/rod-end-left-hand.html

are these different ends for the 4link ? and does anybody know the thread size and hole diameter of the heim ends ?

EDIT: I see they are for KK, would they not work for KJ ?
I would call and ask jba the width. The stock upper mounts on the body side are 2.65" wide and I believe a 9/16" bolt.

He can also tell you the rod thread specs.

The only thing I see is the end you posted looks to be for a trackbar and won't have much flex side to side just up/down. The heims with misalignment spacers should be ~30° of flex per end.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I talked to them and they just referred me to the website which tells nothing

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I talked to them and they just referred me to the website which tells nothing

If you look up the KK trackbar bushing size it'll be the same as the jba bushing you posted above.

But again I wouldn't run it for rear uca bushings due to the lack of flex.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking for johnny joints or flex joints to run

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was looking for johnny joints or flex joints to run

Can you measure the width of the opening for the axle side mount from JBA? This will tell you what widths will work.

You have two options but only one I would personally run. Because the JBA kit uses female rod end joints you would need to fabricate a female-female coupler which may cause issues on the length of the arm, and you'd need to weld one end so it doesn't loosen up.

The way I would do it is purchase new DOM tubing and weld in thread adapters

Once I finish my 4 link I'm going to look into making a kit that will bolt into the stock location and is fully adjustable. Just need to speak with my lawyer about protecting myself and liability/insurance. My buddy who is an automotive engineer and I have been talking about making poly bushings and other parts for the KJ.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score