Question about performance with wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Since the day that i put on my KJ wheel spacers i notice some lower preformance on the speed when i drive on the street or in the highway.

I took it out the wheel spacer, when i drive it on the street i immediately can notice the increase in speed power preformance and much more lighter then before. The decrease in speed has to do that i need to reagear or what else could it be?

Thank you advanced for your tips

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Although I dislike spacers using them would no way decrease power or performance
You must have another issue with brakes or something

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have adapter spacers on mine, with no issues. Unless you're badly sagged and moving the wheels out made the tires rub on a fender, they would have NO effect on the Jeep's performance.

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Tommudd

The only thing that i like of wheel spacer is the way the tires look nicely aggressive. Thats why i just took it off and i don't want too sacrifice performance on my DD. I'm beginning to dislike spacer just because that. I agree with you Tommudd. I'm going to check the front end the brakes system.

Thank you Tommudd

BorincanoKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Cactus

It rub when i turn almost at full lock on the pinch welds. Especially on the right side.
What i notice is little vibration when i apply my brakes at 55 to 60 mph.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Fill us in a little more what you have
as far as lift how much and what kind
( measure middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare left front )
tire size/ brand
did the problem just start or has it been doing it before

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget wheel spacers add un-sprung weight and rotational weight.May not be much but can compound in city driving reducing performance "feel" and mpg's.

Also adding spacers(or any non-OE rim) does change the alignment(those not so talked about angles that are indeed critical like SAI).If you SAI angle is out with spacers but not out without them then you can be placing extra load of the front bearings from tire scrub which will reduce "performance".