Question about Jeep Liberty 2005 limited and infinty audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zon'ozz

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have a couple a question I need some help with... please

been wondering on upgrading my broken radio.

Specs:
Liberty 2005 Limited 3.7L
I got a 5/6 disc player in the trunk and a GPS/Disc Radio on the dash, the screen doesn't work anymore, that's why changing it.

Infinity sound system (maybe?)

I actually assume it has infinity, because a while ago I replaced the speakers and had to drill 2 holes in the damn door to attach a AMP which was on the factory speakers.
Been working fine since.

Now I purchased a double Din dash cover, with a double din radio, and Im standing here wondering what Harness should i use...

the 70-6503 (LINK) OR 70-6502 (LINK) https://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-6502-Harness-Chrysler-Speaker/dp/B0002BESGE/ref=pd_sim_107_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0002BESGE&pd_rd_r=5BZ4FH9JDKB0RN139DVK&pd_rd_w=CoCY0&pd_rd_wg=bJnxg&psc=1&refRID=5BZ4FH9JDKB0RN139DVK

I have been reading people with infinity using the 2nd one and other the first. at this point I dont know and would love to get it right the first time...
Which one is the ONE?

Thanks for the help!

towpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to wire around the door amps. The wires to front dash tweeters come from the doors. I used factory wires from head unit to doors. I put woffers in door with cross over networks in front door, than used factory wires from door to dash tweeters. I put coaxel woofers in rear doors.

I tried it both ways. New 20w per channel head unit with, or without the door amps. Sounded better without.

I also have a powered sub under my front seat. Sounds good to this old man who used to play bass guitar.

Zon'ozz

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for your answers,

Are the Door amp that bad?

Does you have some resources like a guide or anything to skip the amp? maybe put an aftermarket one as u did?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my external amplifier, the only down side is that it draws a lot of current. The amplifier can draw close to 80 amps.

Latest posts

Members online