Has anyone shown how to put a 4.7 H.O. in a liberty

• Links to video

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Links to pages

• Helpful comments

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOnRoids

Reaction score
I recently thrashed my 02 3.7 liberty on the expressway. It hit passing gear at 80mph and self destructed. I always seem to break smaller motors so an 08 301 horse 4.7 H.O. seemed my next best option. I am told my computer can be flashed to replicate the 08 donor computer and most everything else bolts up. Here's to Frankenstein! If anyone has tips to help make this work any helpful input is appreciated.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not gaining much except to say you have a V8
Personally would never do it
But to each his own, good luck,
most end up being either sold shortly after they get changed over or never done and shoved out behind the garage

So what was really wrong with your KJ ?
I have punched all 3 mine several times at 80 plus and never blew any of them up
my 04 having bought it new has been punched at 80 plus 1000s of times over the years

jp7794

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently thrashed my 02 3.7 liberty on the expressway. It hit passing gear at 80mph and self destructed. I always seem to break smaller motors so an 08 301 horse 4.7 H.O. seemed my next best option.

I also wonder what caused it to detonate. The rev limiter should be a safeguard for such things. I have been ******* my 3.7 more times than I care to admit. Never got it to triple digits (MPH) but looked down more than once to see the dial at 90.

Anyway... Good luck on your project. Keep us posted.