ps fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sp33doe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked my power steering fluid this mornng before starting the kj.

the level was in the min cold

does it stays on the min cold or max cold level?

thanx sp33doe

2003KJ

Reaction score
I noticed this on mine about a year ago. (keep in mind, I have a late 2003 KJ that I bought new). I haven't brought it up with the dealer yet, but so far in about a year, it hasn't moved. But the fact it's on the "min cold" line already has me a tad concerned. Maybe they didn't fill it all the way from the factory?

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
You're supposed to check the level when its hot, I believe.

Bennett

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's My take:

It say's, "MIN COLD" So it's a set minimum. As long as it's not below that set minimum, it's still within the factory-set limits. Granted something to keep an eye on for further leakage, but it's a set minimum for a reason. we deal with this same shit at work all the time. Minimums are established for a reason.

(Just my .02)

2003KJ

Reaction score
Cableguy said:
Here's My take:

It say's, "MIN COLD" So it's a set minimum. As long as it's not below that set minimum, it's still within the factory-set limits. Granted something to keep an eye on for further leakage, but it's a set minimum for a reason. we deal with this same shit at work all the time. Minimums are established for a reason.

(Just my .02)

No leakage on mine. This would be all usage. But I can't recall what the level was set at when I bought it.