Proud New KJ Owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alice Kaye

Reaction score
Hey there! Figured I'd introduce myself (I post now and then and I'm a constant lurker).

Just bought myself a 2007 KJ Jeep Liberty with 40k miles on it today. Traded in my POS 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 with 104k miles for it. That thing was practically falling apart - it was so time.

Pretty excited to finally have another Jeep. We already own a 2004 Jeep Wrangler so we know some of what we're in for.

And of course just to wear it in and make it mine, karma had to throw me a curve ball and stick me behind a truck today who hit a rock into my windshield which now has a nice little divot in it.

Side Note: I was curious if anyone had ever had one of those professionally filled before and if so, is it visible when it's done? It's small enough that there is no reason to replace the windshield but large enough that I must have it filled or a bump may make it a crack. Any thoughts on that would be great. :icon_biggrin:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Alice Kaye.

Sorry about the rock. I think you might have to have someone look at where the rock hit. Sometimes they can be fixed that way and sometimes not. I think it depends on where the hit is and if it started to spread.

Dave

Alice Kaye

Reaction score
Welcome Alice Kaye.

Sorry about the rock. I think you might have to have someone look at where the rock hit. Sometimes they can be fixed that way and sometimes not. I think it depends on where the hit is and if it started to spread.

Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for the welcome! :)

Yeah, it's right in the middle of my durn windshield, go figure. Thankfully it has not started to spread, so I figure if we get someone out here this week to fix them (my fiancé's Wrangler has a divot too, from a rock) I think we shouldn't have too much of an issue with it spreading. He's had his divot for two or so months now.

I can say, that it's a bit disheartening, since I got the Jeep today, but what can you do? Life is always throwing curve balls!