Project mall crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First real post here not sure if this is the right place or not but here we go.
I have a 2002 kj that we bought new and it's always been the wife's car/ grocery getter. We bought a new car and I got rid of my truck so now I'm driving the Liberty. Been driving it a couple months and I've decided to guy it up a bit. I got the paint for it today the commander green they are putting on the 2013's. I'm starting on what little body work that needs to be done Monday. Going to paint the door jambs Tuesday paint the roof Wednesday. That leaves me the next two days to prep it and take the hood and wheels off. So it should be done by Sunday. The wheels are going rally black. I'm building a roof basket and rocker sliders for it and going to get some kind of bull bar. So I'm looking forward to how it's going to turn out I will be posting up dates all next week with pics. So wish me luck and any input will be welcome.

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started on the safari basket today
You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great project - looking forward to your updates! :)

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Started on the safari basket yesterday

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Started on the safari basket yesterday

What size is that ? looks really small for a rack .
Welding it together or bolting? remember if welding where a good mask and do it out doors , fumes will kill ya

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going to bolt it for easy take down and it's inside roof rail to inside roof rail and almost as long as the roof so it's like 38"x60"

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the kj in today

Started on the body work

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it in primer before I left.

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the jambs painted today

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea is great but I gotta say personally the execution failed miserably,just my opinion as the painting is being down halfa$$ed.Sorry I worked in a bodyshop and painted my Jeep a different color but if it could come off it came off.Pull the door panels off,yep it's all orange,take the doors off and yes under the door hinges it's painted orange. The under hood is painted also but I did opt to take one shortcut as I left the engine bay black(was originally a all black Limited).

Again just my opinion as small details like that just drive me crazy like doors that lock and the inside door handle will not open the door if locked,unlike the KJ.

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea is great but I gotta say personally the execution failed miserably,just my opinion as the painting is being down halfa$$ed.Sorry I worked in a bodyshop and painted my Jeep a different color but if it could come off it came off.Pull the door panels off,yep it's all orange,take the doors off and yes under the door hinges it's painted orange. The under hood is painted also but I did opt to take one shortcut as I left the engine bay black(was originally a all black Limited).

Again just my opinion as small details like that just drive me crazy like doors that lock and the inside door handle will not open the door if locked,unlike the KJ.

Guess it's a good thing it's not yours. Just because it's not done the way YOU would do it doesn't make it wrong.

wrknman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping that this isn't one of those forums that are dominated by elitist. But any way the door jambs were done just fine it will last and I really wasn't in to taking the doors off one reason being time this is my daily driver. And I got the roof painted tonight.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess it's a good thing it's not yours. Just because it's not done the way YOU would do it doesn't make it wrong.

I'm really hoping that this isn't one of those forums that are dominated by elitist. But any way the door jambs were done just fine it will last and I really wasn't in to taking the doors off one reason being time this is my daily driver. And I got the roof painted tonight.
Yep it's a good thing it's not mine.Just stated my opinion as I do know a thing or two about painting a vehicle and that is the $299 maaco job there that will peel in a year or two.

Mine is my daily driver also but took the time to prep/paint it correctly,but again not mine just bugs the crap out of me on the small details.