Project: Cinnamon, the Wife's 2002 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally took delivery this afternoon! Between our work schedules and the dealership being busy, it took a little while longer before we could go finish all the paper work. It's totally legal now--she's home and she's ours.

I'm a build thread *****. Expect lot's of pictures, lot's of posts, lot's of four letter words, and very very slow progress.

You must be registered for see images attach

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First official "parked next to a stranger's Jeep and posed" picture.

Sent from my iPhone 6

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking Jeep. Now you have to get it our in the wilderness. :waytogo:

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warshed it. She was pretty clean from the dealership, but now she's clean for real and ready to go get dirty. My philosophy on washing Jeeps is like washing clothes... It's awesome if you want to get them absolutely filthy; I do it all the time. But if you (censored) your pants, you're not going to sit around in them for days at a time. I doesn't matter how much fun you had (censored) ing in your pants, you wash them. If you're not currently busy (censored) ing in your pants, they'd better be clean.

Same thing with our Jeeps. If they're not currently being used to get dirty, then they're clean. Period.

In this case, she got washed twice, claybar'd the paint and windows, hit with some swirl remover, polished, waxed, and sealed. Back to Black on the trim, Extreme Tire Shine (matte'd out with a sponge), Eagle One on the windows, vacuumed, shampooed, vacuumed again, and hit all the interior plastics with Armor All.

Also, she has a build date of 10/2001. Is this a "pre-lower" date? Not that it matters after 12 years of sagging... Just something to know.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome job.

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Nice! :waytogo:

Got a little driver side lean goin' on there though. Have you checked your rear UCA bushings?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How does the KJ feel ride height wise compared to the ZJs? I used to have a 99 WJ and even stock I think the KJ feels higher. My WK seems about the same or a little higher than the WJ.

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome job.
Dave

Thanks, Dave.

Man that looks great. Love the ZJs too.

Thanks. The ZJs will always be near and dear to my heart.

Nice! :waytogo:

Got a little driver side lean goin' on there though. Have you checked your rear UCA bushings?

All of these pictures were taken on hills. I measured HTF this morning parked on the most flat spot I could find:
19 1/4" FR
19 1/2" FL
19 3/4" RR
19 3/4" RL

I took a quick glance under neath, but haven't had time to give it a thorough once over.

HoosierJeeper said:
How does the KJ feel ride height wise compared to the ZJs? I used to have a 99 WJ and even stock I think the KJ feels higher. My WK seems about the same or a little higher than the WJ.

It's definitely more upright seating position. It also feels a good bit higher than the ZJs. It's been a while since I owned a WJ, but it feels higher than that, too.

My wife likes it a lot. She likes to pretend she's going to run people over... "I could just squish you... And you... And you..."

She did not like the lowered ZJ... "That Hyundai could run you over if he wanted to."

Last edited:

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemme see... Some plastidip, a Thule roof rack, a bull bar, spare tire cover, stickers, and some other silly stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 6

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found these guys at the JY and snatched up a set of four for $5. Fit way better than the generic ones from VatoZone. And they have a nifty little grill and Jeep logo.

BDEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bull bar is that? I've got a TrailFX bar sitting here with a 21.5" LED light bar awaiting installation, just curious if it's the same bar. How do you like it so far?

Latest posts

Members online