Pro Comp X-Terrains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o be the right pressure for me. I was pretty nervous they would be really loFigured I'd just post up and give a little review on these tires.

I have a set of 33x12.5-15's on 15x7 Cragar wheels (Close too 6" of lift from stock ride height)

They ride nice once you dial in the pressure I found 18lbs on the street tud based on the tread design and amount of tire on the road but they are actually pretty good on a scale of 10 I'd put them at a 5.5 as far as noise goes. They Drive like a slick on snow covered roads and do even worse when Ice is involved (Thank God for my 242 T-Case). On dry pave they are great, in Rain they are also Great the tread design seems to push the water out and away from the tire.

Off Road wise It took me a bit to get the pressure right 10-12Lbs of air seems to work extremely well. on snowy trails they perform pretty well but have no lateral stability, In Mud they work extremely well at low pressure at full pressure they don't clear. They probably work best on rocks and hard packed trail areas where they can fold around obstacles and really get a good bite.

Lord Helmet

Reaction score
I had them (33x12.50/15) on my XJ. Aside from the continentals I once had on a jetta, the pro-comp xterrains are the worst tire I've ever put on a vehicle. They were awesome on the rocks but they were poop at everything else. They showed serious wear at less than 10k miles too. I always chuckle when I see them on another vehicle.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I always here mixed opinions on them, Some people say I had them and they lasted forever others say they wore seriously fast. I also talked to a guy who had one burn down within 10K while the other 3 where near new. Pro-Comp replaced the entire set come to find out 3 where from one batch and the other from another batch. I've also heard similar stories from the owners of several models of Cooper Tires (They are the Manufacturer of Pro-Comp Tires). Only time will tell.

Members online