Premium Member / Senior Member category

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't you think we should have a section where we can talk to management or bennett regarding new members, or something that we want to complain about that shouldn't be viewed by new members.
This could be done in two ways.

a) members older than x months
b) members with at least x posts

it is up to you,

or we could just do it with PMs.. if you think we don't need this.

2003KJ

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Don't you think we should have a section where we can talk to management or bennett regarding new members, or something that we want to complain about that shouldn't be viewed by new members.
This could be done in two ways.

a) members older than x months
b) members with at least x posts

it is up to you,

or we could just do it with PMs.. if you think we don't need this.

While I think that is a good idea, here's my $.02

Sometimes there are issues that come up with certain members on the board (whether they be new or existing). These issues can be from "well he said something that was uncalled for and not necessary" to "that guy is just ****** me the hell off!" Yes, the matter needs to be resolved in a timely manner, but I don't believe going behind ones back and talking about them is the answer.

We're all adults here (atleast on paper we're adults, mentally some of us have our moments...lol). I dont see why the issue can't be talked about in a mature manner. If things get out of hand, thats when the moderators or our wonderful prez. will step in and take care of the situation.

How would you feel if people were talking behind your back about you, then all of a sudden one day you've been banned from the site?

Do you see what i'm gettin at?

I for one hand really don't have a problem with people if they've got an issue with me. By all means let me know if i'm doing something to piss you off or something i've said offends you. It is not my intention to upset the wonderful people of this community. I would much rather the person who has an issue with me to come to me and we can work it out in a adult manner.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand your concern about "talking behind one's back", but it is not only that, for example we don't have any way of reporting messages, yeah we don't get this type of activity here that much, and a PM can do the same job, but sometimes you need to talk about a certain thing and get others' opinions before you do something that might look awkward.

Of course you wouldn't mind hearing about something that made others uncomfortable, you have been around for a while (#03), and I am sure many others here would feel the same way. I have been a member of many other forums but I feel more comfortable here with friendlier members.

It was just a thought..

2003KJ

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I understand your concern about "talking behind one's back", but it is not only that, for example we don't have any way of reporting messages, yeah we don't get this type of activity here that much, and a PM can do the same job, but sometimes you need to talk about a certain thing and get others' opinions before you do something that might look awkward.

Of course you wouldn't mind hearing about something that made others uncomfortable, you have been around for a while (#03), and I am sure many others here would feel the same way. I have been a member of many other forums but I feel more comfortable here with friendlier members.

It was just a thought..

I was just re-reading your post as you replied and I missed your point of reporting spam and such, I apologize.

As far as reporting spams and spam type PM's, how about the idea of an e-mail that only the mods and bennett can have access to? This e-mail would be checked several times a day (Bennett is online alot during the days, and I'm working for the most part out of my home, i'm sure Aaron wouldn't mind checking a couple of times a day). All you'd have to do is send an e-mail that address with a link to the thread with spam in it, or you could simply say "i got this PM and it appears to be spam, could you look into it?"

How does that sound?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem.
Yeah, that sounds like a goodidea, or he can set up Usergroup for site management, we can just PM to that group and all of them can get the same PM.

2003KJ

Reaction score
hyedipin said:
No problem.
Yeah, that sounds like a goodidea, or he can set up Usergroup for site management, we can just PM to that group and all of them can get the same PM.

ok. I sent Bennett a link to this thread and he's gonna take a look at it once he gets off of work....so we'll see how its goin by the end of the day.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
No problem.
That was something I was thinking. Oa couple of other forums I frequent there is a usergroup specifically for mods that has contact info, also has a button to send a blanket e-mail to all mods. I've used that 'blanket PM' button to report late-night spam so many times over on L.O.S.T. ...

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I was just re-reading your post as you replied and I missed your point of reporting spam and such, I apologize.

As far as reporting spams and spam type PM's, how about the idea of an e-mail that only the mods and bennett can have access to? This e-mail would be checked several times a day (Bennett is online alot during the days, and I'm working for the most part out of my home, i'm sure Aaron wouldn't mind checking a couple of times a day). All you'd have to do is send an e-mail that address with a link to the thread with spam in it, or you could simply say "i got this PM and it appears to be spam, could you look into it?"

How does that sound?

u mentioned everyone else but me... :-s

anyway..on top it sez "usergroups" and within that...it sez moderators..click on it, and it will list the mods..

other than that..i can be reached via gmail. (i have that on at work..)

2003KJ

Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
2003KJ said:

How does that sound?

u mentioned everyone else but me... :-s

anyway..on top it sez "usergroups" and within that...it sez moderators..click on it, and it will list the mods..

other than that..i can be reached via gmail. (i have that on at work..)

Sorry dude....I knew you were one, and actually I had you listed at first...but I changed it cause ever since you started your new job, you're never around!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
(Aeh) When I click on the 'usergroups' link this is what I see:
You must be registered for see images attach

Guess I don't have the super-keeno secret decoder ring that lets you see whats really there. I'll have to design one right away (as soon as I can get Brock to help me get the boys out of the lab, that is)...

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
-=JoN=- said:

Guess I don't have the super-keeno secret decoder ring that lets you see whats really there. I'll have to design one right away (as soon as I can get Brock to help me get the boys out of the lab, that is)...

aw hell, oh well....i guess it wont show unless ur part of the group...

anywhoo...we should have a list of mods as a sticky in all forums or something..

and Tim..yeah, i know, i havnt been on as much as before but c'mon..you couldve at least put a notation next to my name or something...dag man....

2003KJ

Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
Corwyyn said:
-=JoN=- said:

aw hell, oh well....i guess it wont show unless ur part of the group...

anywhoo...we should have a list of mods as a sticky in all forums or something..

and Tim..yeah, i know, i havnt been on as much as before but c'mon..you couldve at least put a notation next to my name or something...dag man....

Look dude i said i was SORRY.....lol

Latest posts

Members online