Powerslot/Ceramic Pads with Rear Drums?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking through some of the older articles on here about the Powerslot brakes. I think most people on here have discs all the way around. How would ceramic pads/Powerslot rotors work with drums on the back? Would the brake bias be completely off? I keep having issues with the brakes that the last criminal of a mechanic put on there and would like to fix it correctly.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake bias is controlled by your proportioning valve (or if you have one of those fancy computer braking/traction control systems, the computer does). Your front brakes do the majority of actual vehicle braking, so having good quality stuff up front is definitely a must. I'm not saying ignore your back ones by any means. I personally like PS rotors/Hawk pads, but a KJ isn't really a performance vehicle and it's kinda overkill unless you do a whole lot of decent towing.

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only slightly off topic - lol. My 'new to me' 05 Renegade's pads generate an incredible amount of brake dust, and I'm NOT a heavy brake user. Run a couple errands and I have to wipe off those 'pretty' wheels. Renny had new pads when I purchased it so I do not know the brand or type. All I know is that I have never had a vehicle produce so much 'charcoal'.

Can anyone recommend decent pads (brand & type) that are less prone to to cover your wheels with soot after just a couple of short trips? But then maybe I'm the only one that cares..., wouldn't be the first time - lol. Thx.

Bullett55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I didn't know they are also less dust prone.

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't even bothered to check if the old front brakes off my Ram would bolt on to the Libby because I would immediately be stuck with 17" wheels (and only have 16's right now).

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That looks like a good setup Blake and tjkj. I might look into that and see what it would run me for the front.