Power windows and Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sally

Reaction score
Hi
I have a 2004 jeep liberty that i bought a week ago.
I just noticed this morning, when i entered my vehicule that i can operate the radio and power windows , with the ignition off and the key out.
Is this normal ??? Cause i m afraid it will drain my battery.
Thanks

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not normal. Power windows and radio should be off with ignition off. They should work with ignition on or in accessory mode.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I may be way off, but is seems to me that my power windows work for a minute or two after killing the ignition. I think this is so you can roll the windows up or down if you forgot to do that before shutting down.

My radio does as it's told, though.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This occurs when the ignition switch bites the dust. Its a simple fix, takes all of about 10 minutes to install.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be way off, but is seems to me that my power windows work for a minute or two after killing the ignition. I think this is so you can roll the windows up or down if you forgot to do that before shutting down.

My radio does as it's told, though.

True, but I didn't take the OPs description to be this useful feature. We'll have to hope for more details from the OP.

I think it may only be 30 seconds (maybe a minute) but not sure. Pretty sure all my vehicles do this.

Latest posts

Members online