Possible TSB for Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdlgiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum.

Can someone tell me if there is a TSB for 2002 Jeep Liberty that involves the multifunction switch on the console? The issue is when the exterior lights are switched on, the inside map lights flicker. If you use a turn signal, the interior lights flicker. This looks like a design issue.

IceColeNH

Reaction score
I had this issue. The multifunction switch and or the clockspring just wore out. Clock springs always gave me an airbag light if they were worn. They are only good for so long. You may also want to check your door switches as those to will wear out.
My guess is the multi. Gone through a couple in different vehicles. Not hard to change, but pricey. There are 2 T20 bit screws on the underside of the steering wheel bezel. The switch unit is loose at this point and you just need remove the electrical connectors. As always before working around this area, disconnect battery and wait 15 minutes for airbags to power down.

As for a TSB I don't believe so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2