Please Help- Rough Idle & Misfires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonrunciman20

Reaction score
Hi everybody I'm new to the forum I'm having serious issues with my 2011 jeep liberty limited 3.7 4x4, so drove fine at first then started to have a miss fire had a code for cylinder 1 miss fire and that was it soook it to the shop and they replaced the cylinder 1 coil back, and they replaced all the wires and spark plugs, got it back still a little bit of a rough idle but after I would drive down the block it would run great. Drove to work three days later no problem getting there, then I went to leave and it ran like shit rough idle, bad miss fire, won't stay running, towed it home and replaced all the coil packs and plugs and it still runs the same the codes I'm getting is random miss fire checked for vac leaks nothing is running rich need help please and thank you

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your O2 sensors. They may not always throw a code themselves, but they can cause improper fuel supply—misfire, stumbling, stalling, etc...

Also make sure you’re using the right spark plugs.

Did the misfiring happen randomly one day, or was something freshly replaced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good fuel system cleaner in the tank can clear a sticky injector too.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll also get more views and likely more responses if this was posted in the proper section of the forum.

This has nothing to do with TSB's and Recalls.

Latest posts

Members online