PICS of my lightbar installed and wired!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been too lazy to upload pics and info on my lightbar install from a few weeks ago. Went with my simple plan of just wiring the lights into my battery with an in-line fuse (and a switch in the panel, obviously!). Since the bar came with the upper wire harness, just a gromit and positive/negative wires, I just ran more wire to the battery. Sealed with normal automotive sealant. Followed the Mopar PDF to mount the bar, easy as cake, just pulled down the headliner, taped off my drill bit, and drilled away!! (after measuring about 234083247 times!).

You must be registered for see images attach

OH and I herculined the side moldings :rolleyes:

and maybe the utility & crossbars too :p (the roof has rain on it, not herc)

Where do I find those little black feet to cap the 1x1 tubing?!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks great!!!

So...when are you getting better rubber???:D

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lightbar looks good! I'm just curious, did you put Armor-All on the tread of the tires? :eek:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish i could find a cheap lightbar and the roof part of the harness with the grommet. I found a few lightbars in junkyards but they want too much for them and have misplaced the harness that goes through the roof.

Boiler

Reaction score
I put extreme shine gel by armor all on every inch of my spare when I rotated, to protect it until it came off. I was thinkign I'd do that each time a new tire got put on there. We'll see if it wore off enough for if I'll go skating across an intersection...

The tire looked brand new once the shine dulled a little.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job on the light bar.

Nice black jeep too....my favorite color.

You have the same tire and wheel combo that came on mine new. I got rid of the HP's real fast and went to an A/T and have a whole different jeep.

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Where do I find those little black feet to cap the 1x1 tubing?!

Like these? Go to any hardware store and ask for chair leg feet, they are on all those old chrome waiting room chairs with square tubing legs.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Like these? Go to any hardware store and ask for chair leg feet, they are on all those old chrome waiting room chairs with square tubing legs.

Hey Brutha... if you want to clean up your U-bolt padding you could try what I did .. they sell clear vinyl tubing at home depot ... with a little elbow grease it slides right over your U-bolt and gives a nice crisp finish with no rubbing, a small strip of rubber under the cross rail takes care of the top of your rails.

Cheers,

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!!!

So...when are you getting better rubber???:D

Man I've been ITCHING!!!!!! But, I'm one of those broke college students, so I'll just wait till next summer or so, when my tires go bald. My parents will be willing to pay the normal 400 or so for tires, then I'll add to it to get something meatier. Gonna get soft 8's too. As of right now, all I dislike on my KJ are the wheels, tires, and front windows (gonna tint them in 2 weeks for $75)!

The lightbar looks good! I'm just curious, did you put Armor-All on the tread of the tires? :eek:

Yes and no. I always armorall the spare all over, it makes the back of the car look really nice. But I only do the walls of my tires that I actually use, not dumb enough to armorall the tread that i drive on!

Wish i could find a cheap lightbar and the roof part of the harness with the grommet. I found a few lightbars in junkyards but they want too much for them and have misplaced the harness that goes through the roof.

Well, grommets are a dime-a-dozen. That's really all you'd be getting aside from a little bit of wire and the plastic harness. I actually cut the harness off since I had no where to plug it in!

I love the tail lights!

Why thank you! :D

Nice job on the light bar.

Nice black jeep too....my favorite color.

You have the same tire and wheel combo that came on mine new. I got rid of the HP's real fast and went to an A/T and have a whole different jeep.

Dave

Thanks! Can't wait to get some bigger shoes.

I found mine at home depot right beside the aluminum stock ... lookin' good btw

Cheers

Okay cool!

I really think they make the homemade bars look aftermarket. Notice I say aftermarket and not stock. I don't mind the aftermarket look, as long as its a clean one.