performance parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dotcentral

Reaction score
What is available for the 3.7 other than air filters and cat back systems? I am thinking what my liberty needs is something to bring the torque down into a lower RPM range. On the older motors, it was things like swapping camshafts and intakes. I have tried some searches, on parts vendors and boards like this and found nothing so far.

Would something like a catback really help bottom end, or is the gains pretty much in the higher RPM range? I put a gibson system on an S-10 several years back and it helped power and MPGs. I haven't read much on how these catback systems help out the libertys. I'd hate to spend a few hundred for just a loud exhaust.

I realize this is a relatively new engine, and much more exotic than the 302 in my F100 or the 4.3 in the Jimmy I sold to buy the liberty. Just sort of hoping that might be some things out there I'm not aware of. Not try to rant or be negative, just hoping for something a little better.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Kenne Bell had a supercharger system back when the KJ was new
THey disco'ed it, cuz the demand wasnt that high. Now the 3.7 is showing up in other DC vehicles, so it they might release it again.

air filters (K and N FIPK's or Volants) and exhausts are about the only performance parts out there....there are a few others, but seems like the gain doesnt justify the cost

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
You're cheapest option is probably a cat back according to magnaflow it will give you both my hp and torque.

You must be registered for see images

Unfortunately, there aren't any neato parts yet such as headers, camshafts, boring kits, or purchasable superchargers as of yet.

There are some chips out there, but a lot of people have been disappointed with them in particular, JET. However, someone on another board is running the Kenne Bell Optimizer with good success. Which is supposed to be 17 more hp at the wheels. It also requires 91-94 octane fuel, tho.
http://www.kennebell.net/accessories/optimizerII/optimizer2.htm

Also get a K&N air filter or an intake kit, they help with throttle response I have noticed.

This was the link to the kenne bell supercharger which they never made,
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/dodge/liberty37/libert37.htm

Seeing this makes my mouth water, I hope they make it again. [-o<
You must be registered for see images

Bennett

dotcentral

Reaction score
dyno pull on liberty

Thanks for the replies guys.

Did you notice the rpm range on the magnaflow chart? It starts at 3600 RPM. I'd like to see what it does at say 2000. I realize sometimes its hard to get accurate numbers at lower RPMs, but I don't think I ever get it wound up over 4000. Maybe I'll send them and Gibson an email asking for more info.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: dyno pull on liberty

dotcentral said:
I'd like to see what it does at say 2000. Maybe I'll send them and Gibson an email asking for more info.

I would be interested in the same thing -- something in the 1800 - 2500 range. If you find out something, please post it!