PCV relocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing posts around the internet or here on replacing the location of the PCV and putting it on the drivers side valve cover. It required some parts like a new oil fill tube without a PCV outlet and a new type of PCV but I could not locate it. I'm wanting to make the switch as I get other things in order with the Jeep.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want parts for a 2007 jeep liberty, and it will show up with the correct PCV parts for the conversion. The 2007 liberty came with the PCV upgrade from the factory.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what exactly does the upgrade do? why is it worth it

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The type with the PCV in the oil fill tube, the tube itself will gather condensation and oil vapor, which creates the milky crap. Mine does it also. There was a TSB to relocate the PCV to the left valve cover area so that the system wouldn't pull the oil vapor to the fill tube and create the condensation.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow i might wanna upgrade to the larger pcv system, but on the other hand, my KJ is a pizza delivery vehicle right now, i only use full synthetic oil, and redline (5800rpm) is seen about 55x daily so my pcv system gets hot enough for condesation to be rectified. but i also live in texas so ive never seen this white stuff, nor rust! :D

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I was looking for

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/upgrade-your-pcv-system-tsb-25-001-08-a-59416/

However it looks like some of the parts are nonexistent anymore or hard to find. The small hose from the new PCV to wherever it connects to now is $80?!. Wouldn't a flexible piece of automotive hosing work fine for this like the radiator vent hose?

Also they don't say what you should do with the current hose to the airbox.

On that note I may just pull the filler tube and clean it out first and foremost. But does the fill tube sit high enough where I can remove it without oil pouring from the engine? I noticed it was pretty slow to fill when I did the change so the gunk may be caked in there.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I was looking for

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/upgrade-your-pcv-system-tsb-25-001-08-a-59416/

However it looks like some of the parts are nonexistent anymore or hard to find. The small hose from the new PCV to wherever it connects to now is $80?!. Wouldn't a flexible piece of automotive hosing work fine for this like the radiator vent hose?

Also they don't say what you should do with the current hose to the airbox.

On that note I may just pull the filler tube and clean it out first and foremost. But does the fill tube sit high enough where I can remove it without oil pouring from the engine? I noticed it was pretty slow to fill when I did the change so the gunk may be caked in there.

You need oil rated hoses,any other like for a cooling system will swell and become useless in a few months time.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using clear reinforced garden water hoses running from the valve covers to my breather filters for about a year and a half now, 40k miles. Still in great shape.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Renegade, I read that you said you can remove the baffle inside the oil filler tube? I'm planning on taking it off to clean it out but is the inside baffle really just easily pulled out allowing for a straight fill tube?

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pulled mine out. Just grabbed it with my fingers and pulled. Came right out.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't remember exactly why it's there. Was just a pain in the @ss to try and clean the milky ****, so I took it out and never put it back in. IMO, it's just there to try to hide the milky condensation crap so you don't think there's a flaw in their design.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's there to direct oil away from the PCV when your filling the engine with oil when your doing a oil change.
Wouldn't using a funnel pretty much prevent this? I could pour carefully and not spill but using a funnel just makes logical sense.

Casey.N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's there to direct oil away from the PCV when your filling the engine with oil when your doing a oil change.

thats what i was assuming its for, heres a good question would oil be sucked into the PCV while filling the crankcase with the engine running?

Latest posts

Members online