Parking Brake Pad Replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent been driving the liberty much lately, figured i would drive'er to work today and what happens? Parking brake pads decide theyre tired of home. Pulled out of my parking space and heard a POW followed by rubbing. Pulled on the ebrake and heard more grinding and figured they had come loose. Upon further inspection i find these little fellers hanging out. Thought they would have ate themself really.

You must be registered for see images attach

Napa the beat/cheapest? They show $44 just for the pads, seems steep but idk.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used NAPA pads when I did mine. They have been on mine a while now but I haven't had it apart to look. I know the OEM pads fell right apart when I changed them as the pads were paper thin. I don't recall how much they were. Sorry I can't be more help.

Dave

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Adaptive One replacements for mine when I did the front and rear brakes. You really shouldn't cheap out on your brake parts either way.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Adaptive One replacements for mine when I did the front and rear brakes. You really shouldn't cheap out on your brake parts either way.

You used adaptive one for the ebrake? Where did you get them? I have adaptive one brake pads but dont really think its needed for the parking brake...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the napa pads. With my discount they were $36 plus they want a core. Kinda odd they want old pads. Guess they take them and rivet new pads on them.

I accidently applied the parking brake today while pushing the kj around in the driveway. Hopefully it didnt hurt the rotor. It stopped abruptly.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the napa pads. With my discount they were $36 plus they want a core. Kinda odd they want old pads. Guess they take them and rivet new pads on them.

I accidently applied the parking brake today while pushing the kj around in the driveway. Hopefully it didnt hurt the rotor. It stopped abruptly.
They reline shoes and why there is a core charge.They really don't reline brake pads when it's cheaper to make new backing plates.