Panel lights mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valkerie

Reaction score
See attached pic for details

2012 Liberty started up just fine but shown panel lights would not turn off plus a light I never saw before. It’s a red dot light that is still on even though car has been off for several hours. Gauges do not work while driving. Gas tank is full but shows empty. Turn signals don’t make the clicking sound but I’m told they work. The second time I tried to drive it I put in D(rive) but it only rolled backwards. Shut it off then it was okay. All these lights stay on and none of my gauges work. Any ideas?

Attachments

• CDBB1446-45D2-441D-B7BB-2F0C2141CAB2.jpeg
    CDBB1446-45D2-441D-B7BB-2F0C2141CAB2.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 9

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hows your battery ?
They do crazy stuff if not enough juice in the battery

Valkerie

Reaction score
I haven’t had any problems with it. However I just bought this Jeep several months ago and don’t know how old it is. Would it still run if battery was the problem? It starts up fine.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could try a hard reset. Unhook the battery, tie the cables to each other, let sit overnight.

NavyStore

Reaction score
Diodes in the alternator going bad would make sense. That 'red dot' between the RPM/Speedo is the security system light.

Elly

Reaction score
Mine fid this as well, my 5 year old battery was drained dry in year 2. Got a warranty replacement battery all is good

Latest posts

Members online