Painting ARB bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bout ready to order a new arb bumper, The latest generation is now coming powder coated millennium grey with no black available through arb canada. Anybody rattle can one yet?

Debating rustoleum hi performance enamel gloss black for sake of easy touch ups as opposed to a cheaper bedliner solution that isn't uv resistant or clumpy.

Any concerns about fade with that paint or should i be prepared for painting every 2 years?

Scotch bright pads and alcohol prep the way to go before paint?
Basically what are people throwing on the RL bumpers or is it all pro painting.

Would hate to spend over a grand on a bumper and it look like a hack job.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBH i would leave it powdercoated until you NEED to repaint it, then when the time comes to repaint strip the powdercating and use something like por-15 brand chasis black coat. I have never painted over powder coat. but my approach would be wipe down with alcohol, scuff with scotch brite pads (red) blow off with compressed air, wipe with a tack cloth, sem self etching primer and for an "affordable" paint i would use rustoleum wheel paint. its cheap enough and holds up pretty well, then once its fully cured cut/buff and seal.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted mine with Rustoleum Hammered. Sand the powder coat until its dull, spray primer and go cat go.
Leaving it gray powder coat is not what a serious enthusiast would do.

Latest posts

Members online