paging 67customs: fracela products?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you or anyone else on here heard of the brand fracela? if so what are your thoughts or opinions compared to optimum products?

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with a lot of different brands and a ton of different products, but I have never heard of Fracela. An internet search didn't turn up much either. I'm sorry I can't help you out any more than that.:(

It is most likely a product sold in another country and not heavily imported here or a "dealer only" type product line.

Where have you seen it for sale?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with a lot of different brands and a ton of different products, but I have never heard of Fracela. An internet search didn't turn up much either. I'm sorry I can't help you out any more than that.:(

It is most likely a product sold in another country and not heavily imported here or a "dealer only" type product line.

Where have you seen it for sale?

my cousin works at an excellent body shop and they use 3m and fracela he said its a european product and the sell it at a local auto body supply shop it apparently has no fillers and he reccomended using water as i buff to decrease the cut strength a little bit but im gunna go ahead and order up ur suggestion of the optimum 3 pk and starter kit....thanks for all the advice man

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my cousin works at an excellent body shop and they use 3m and fracela he said its a european product and the sell it at a local auto body supply shop it apparently has no fillers and he reccomended using water as i buff to decrease the cut strength a little bit but im gunna go ahead and order up ur suggestion of the optimum 3 pk and starter kit....thanks for all the advice man
I figured it was a foreign type body shop/dealer product. Doesn't mean that it is bad or anything, it just means that there aren't a lot of reviews to read nor a lot of exposure.

As far as using water to buff with, you don't really need to add water to Optimum to polish with it. It is very effective right out of the bottle.

You do, however, need to spray a quick detailer or pad primer onto a dry pad before you add the polish to it the first time. This helps prime the pad and keeps the part of the pad that hasn't been covered with polish from scoring the paint.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. I'll do my best to answer them.:)

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so just to clarify will using water with the compounds increase or decrease cut strength? after i use the sealer should i do a coat of wax as well? should i clay before i buff? and what is the ideal rpm to buff at with the 7424xp?

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one... wanna wet sand/polish my libby? I pick up pretty quick after I watch someone else do it oh say a couple times :D:D:D
Drive on down to NC and I'll hook you up for a discount.

ok so just to clarify will using water with the compounds increase or decrease cut strength? after i use the sealer should i do a coat of wax as well? should i clay before i buff? and what is the ideal rpm to buff at with the 7424xp?
Water decreases cut strength. It is diluting the compound.

You can add a coat of wax after a sealant to help add depth or a warmer glow. Depends on the color of the base.

I always clay before I do any paint work.

It isn't really rpms that the XP is turning. It is opms. Orbits per minute. When you are compounding, you are going to want to keep it on setting 5 or 6, which will get it turning at around 6000 to 6800 opms. When you are polishing, you will most likely use setting 5, possibly six. Depends on if you are refining or not.

You typically will break the polish down with speed 5-6 and then turn it down to speed 4 for another pass or so to refine.

To do the initial polishing, you are going to be using the upper two settings to get the hard work done.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k thanks again i think i might start out using a spray bottle of water to be safe until i get the hang of it but after that just do compund without water, im figuring on this takin about 8 hours start to finish lol so now im tryin to find a nice clean garage to do the buffing in because my neighbors are so thoughtful when they decide to start mowin their lawn as im finishing up washing my liberty so i dont want any dust gettin between the pad and the paint, thanks again for the info man.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting back on subject the reason we havent found much on fracela products is because my cousin gave me the wrong spelling the correct spelling is farecla, but i picked up a final inspection spray bottle to use when i buff out the kj so ill give a review of it then but apparently its basically the 3m of europe and napa is starting to carry their products but u have to find a napa with a real autobody and paint dept.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting back on subject the reason we havent found much on fracela products is because my cousin gave me the wrong spelling the correct spelling is farecla, but i picked up a final inspection spray bottle to use when i buff out the kj so ill give a review of it then but apparently its basically the 3m of europe and napa is starting to carry their products but u have to find a napa with a real autobody and paint dept.
I'll try to do a little research on that name and see what I can dig up.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i did a google search on farecla and the actual company website is down currently but the guy at napa had a lot of good things to say about it and he worked in a body shop that used 3m products only and he said it works just as well and is easier to clean up sling or any excess that gets in tight areas with soap and water...so i might jus suck it up and buy some of their "fast track compound" and do either a video or a review

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i did a google search on farecla and the actual company website is down currently but the guy at napa had a lot of good things to say about it and he worked in a body shop that used 3m products only and he said it works just as well and is easier to clean up sling or any excess that gets in tight areas with soap and water...so i might jus suck it up and buy some of their "fast track compound" and do either a video or a review
I have a couple of compounds and products that are a real PITA to clean of if they get slung during the detail. Others are pretty easy. That is a good thing to know when chosing.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea that and apparently when using the fast track compound u only have to change the pad as u progress through not switch to a lighter cut product idk about that for sure but it would be pretty awesome

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the company website for the North American region is: fareclainc.com , i was looking at some stuff on the site and it appears to be pretty good stuff im prolly gunna get some orange 6" pads through my cousin and a little bit of swirl remover and test it out

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i picked up some of the farecla fast track compound, which is meant to be used for compounding, swirl removal, as well as finishing depending on what pad is used, and i picked up some 3 inch compound and finish pads and i will be trying them out hopefuly sometime in the next week, the compund was about 22 dollars but the pads were expensive almost $50 for each 5 pack. once i try em out ill post up a review in the product review section.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.