P2311 - 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheCanadian

Reaction score
Throwing code P2311

I replaced the spark plugs and coil with no luck. Used a spark tester and nothing. I swapped coils with a working one and the same code. Wondering if there is anything else I could check. Ran fine not to long ago as well.

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you clear codes between swaps? Code will take a few run cycles to appear on a different cylinder. I had the same code pop up during my messing about diagnostic with the p0304. If you moved a misfiring coil to another cylinder you won't notice a change in how it runs because it's still missing and the codes don't change as fast as we like. If you can get a real-time misfire counter that would be ideal.

budget76

Reaction score
Did you verify voltage from ECU to the coil. If coil does not get voltage, spark plug gets no voltage. Just a thought.
Never hurts throwing new plugs in as they will eventually need changing, but probably was not needed. You introduced
a SECOND VARIABLE, new plugs and new coil. The fewer parts, the better.

I agree with above, clear codes.

Did you use a scanner, or code reader? A scanner may have told you WHICH cylinder and let you see freeze frame data.

Latest posts

Members online