P1072 &P1075 won’t go away

Any ideas or thoughts?

• Suggestion for fis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reference of link

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Done&Home

Reaction score
My wife’s 2003 Liberty 3.7 was bought new for her and has 147,768 careful miles.
Codes P1072,5 showed up about three weeks ago. I’ve replaced:
Plugs, ignition coils, injectors, electrical connectors, 4 02 sensors, ECT sensor, new battery, new air filter, map sensor and pcv valve. The codes still appear in the trip odometer and check engine light is on. The codes and eng lite are intermittent ( every 2/3 drive cycles ). 20 years of offers for a new car always got the same: “never sell my Jeep” .

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Both 1072 & 1075 indicate fuel system rich. What brand of 02 sensors did you purchase?

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "correct" ones should be NTK brand (from a reputable source) OR one from the dealer (which is just an NTK with an added dealer commission). Post the live data information here.

Is your parts changer (i.e. mechanic) the one who's done all this work?

1Done&Home

Reaction score
The "correct" ones should be NTK brand (from a reputable source) OR one from the dealer (which is just an NTK with an added dealer commission). Post the live data information here.

Is your parts changer (i.e. mechanic) the one who's done all this work?
Yes Ksat, and I took NTK ( made by NGK but he said only the rear sensors would fit. He then ordered the front one with California ones. I’ve been out of town and am late replying. Sorry.

1Done&Home

Reaction score
Both 1072 & 1075 indicate fuel system rich. What brand of 02 sensors did you purchase?
NTK but it has California emissions and he found the front 2 local and installed them. I’ve been corrected the codes are 0172,5. Oops

Latest posts

Members online