Overhead COnsole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edpetry

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought my first Jeep recently. Nice vehicle. It is a 2003 Sport with 103-104,000 miles. In good shape for the age. One thing I would like to add is the overhead center console. But I have a question about the simplicity of adding one at this point.

Is this a case of simple buy a used one and add it to the vehicle and everything works (light, temp gauge, etc.). Or is there missing factory wiring that would stop it from working properly?

Thanks in advance.
Ed

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought my first Jeep recently. Nice vehicle. It is a 2003 Sport with 103-104,000 miles. In good shape for the age. One thing I would like to add is the overhead center console. But I have a question about the simplicity of adding one at this point.

Is this a case of simple buy a used one and add it to the vehicle and everything works (light, temp gauge, etc.). Or is there missing factory wiring that would stop it from working properly?

Thanks in advance.
Ed
You need the wiring harness and you need to make sure the mounting bracket is already there above the headliner or get one you'll also need a temp sensor. All of these things are universal in the settings as well. When I had my libby, I got everything I needed from a Sebring.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going with a Bluetooth OBD2 connector and the Torque Pro app right now. Maybe down the road I will tackle this, but not this year. I may not be able to change any of the keyless entry settings with the app, but that does not bother me much. I will still get the MPG information as well as a lot of other data from the engine.

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like mine when I bought it...03 sport 4x4 with 100k. I got lucky and found one on cl from the same year limited. like teeje said, make sure you get the wiring pigtail. I used 4 strand bundled wire from an electronics store to wire into the port...easy peasy. as for the mount we get lucky as our years already has it. you'll be glad you did the mod. oh and a word of advise, if you can remember, take a piece of paper and a pencil with you so you can sketch an outline of the hole in the headliner. will make things so much easier later when you have to operate lol

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the right pigtail AND the right module, be it OTIS or EVIC. They vary, some have TPMS and some don't. Don't install a TPMS module into a vehicle not built with it. It will ding constantly and you'll need a dealer level scanner to get rid of the dash light.