Overhead Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of members have either added or upgraded their EVIC units. Use the search function for step by stem instructions

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If at all possible it will make your installation easier/smoother if you find the part number compatible with your year.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an easy install you can do yourself. I got my EVIC on ebay for $25 and installed it in less than 2 hours.

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a 2005 or newer KJ, you will need an additional plastic bracket that attaches to the roof. The EVIC attaches to the bracket. I bought a 2005 m/y EVIC on Ebay for my 2005 Renegade, but I didn't notice that the bracket and wiring harness were not with it. The bracket & harness can be ordered from moparparts america, but my order has been on back order since September. The wiring harness is available, but not the bracket.

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a 2005 or newer KJ, you will need an additional plastic bracket that attaches to the roof. The EVIC attaches to the bracket. I bought a 2005 m/y EVIC on Ebay for my 2005 Renegade, but I didn't notice that the bracket and wiring harness were not with it. The bracket & harness can be ordered from moparparts america, but my order has been on back order since September. The wiring harness is available, but not the bracket.

good to know. I haven't decided if i am going to do it yet.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one there is way too expensive. I paid about $30 each of the 2 I bought. The second I bought was just to upgrade.

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one there is way too expensive. I paid about $30 each of the 2 I bought. The second I bought was just to upgrade.

yeah I just put that link for reference. i certainly would shop around first theres no way i would pay that much for it. I would want the EVIC, I don't need the EVIC+PSI

what do you do with the sunroof buttons? just leave them there to do nothing or can you hook them up to make them do something cool?

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I just put that link for reference. i certainly would shop around first theres no way i would pay that much for it. I would want the EVIC, I don't need the EVIC+PSI

what do you do with the sunroof buttons? just leave them there to do nothing or can you hook them up to make them do something cool?
or you can find the console piece that doesn't have buttons.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just remove the buttons from the EVIC itself and hide the opening under the console cover that doesn't have a slot for the sunroof buttons.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online