overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from LKQ as well. I would recommend them. Note that with this one you'll still have to get temp sensor ($30 part) from jeep for it to work right, but even if this goes up in the $60 range, it'd still be a good deal, imho.

Dont see a lot w/ homelink + sunroof controls.

-Blu

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how easy this would be to install. Is the connectors up there already for wiring? I understand I would have to buy a temp sensor that mounts outside but as far as all the wiring is it already presnt or would all new wiring have to be installed?

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how easy this would be to install. Is the connectors up there already for wiring? I understand I would have to buy a temp sensor that mounts outside but as far as all the wiring is it already presnt or would all new wiring have to be installed?

Edit. I looked into the how-to section after i posted this. It turns out according to Bennets post, and I am going to go by what Bennet says, I need to find an 04 or better unit so this wont work any ways. Am still wondering if the wires would be there to plug into if I do find one for an 04.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to make up and run your own wiring harness. If you buy an overhead console, make sure it has a connector (for the module) included along with a short pigtail that you can wire to.

You do have wiring in place for the lights, however (separate connector).

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
All '04s have the temp sensor.... you don't need that.

my understanding is that '04 also require the console (just for ambient temp to work) to be from 04 because of BCM changes in how the temp sensor information is read

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The documentation for the installation process should be detailed in this thread, however the web page it references is presently down. I actually stored a copy of this page locally some time ago, so I have the page stored here. I will contact the author and request permission to post it here - if Bennett agrees, of course. It's really pretty simple, if you are proficient at soldering in tight quarters.

-Blu

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, that would be cool.

If you want you could mirror it from him. I don't think he authored it, but a guy before him sold his liberty and he ended up with hosting it. Cause I remember years back on JU the guy was asking someone to host it. If someone has it, send it to me.

Bennett