Outside White Letters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to get a new set of tires installed today. Just curious on what everyone's prefernce is on OWL (outside white letters). Going to be getting a set of Firestone Destination A/T. They go for 111/piece and have a deal where you buy 3 get the fourth free.

So OWL or none?

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of folks want the white letters out. I myself prefer the black side out, so that's what I did with the BFG TAKOs that I just put on. The tire guy really thought I should put the white letters out, said "it would really dress up that truck" but I like the black side...

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Geolandars on my KJ with letters out & have always liked it. Just put the same tire, albeit 245/65/17 & NO LETTERING, on the WJ. The jury is still out, but I kinda still like the lettering showing.

Check it & you decide..
to OWL
You must be registered for see images

or not to OWL....

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Eddo said:
Going to get a new set of tires installed today. Just curious on what everyone's prefernce is on OWL (outside white letters). Going to be getting a set of Firestone Destination A/T. They go for 111/piece and have a deal where you buy 3 get the fourth free.

So OWL or none?

Firestone Destination M/T

I went with the OWL in the inside. Black on the outside.

Bennett

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a matter of personal taste. I like to keep my white letters out, but as a practical matter it is easier to keep the truck looking spiffy with the letters on the inside. :-k

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am off to the tire shop now. I think I will go with the OWL outside unless the gf wants different. I'll let you know how it comes out and take a few pictures.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Personally, I like the white letters. Problem is, unless you have the right products, or don't mind scrubbing the crap out of them, they're a bitch to keep white.

Personally, Eagle 1 A2Z does an AWESOME job at keeping them white as new. Also makes the tire slime you put on afterwards appear much shiner. Problem is, eagle 1 products are very expensive for what you get. And big tires don't make a tiny bottle last long.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got mine on. Huge improvement over the stock rubber. I though the stock tires where decent, but it is a night and day difference. Makes it ride like a new truck. Rides smoother, bumps are less jarring, less body roll and feels more stable on the road. Also, they are really pretty darn quite. Alot quieter than the stock goodyears with a more agressive thread pattern.

I'll post some pictures later on.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I just did them that way because I have black wheels, it would be a different story if I had polished wheels.

Bennett

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Count me in for the the white letters out crowd. My wife's '02 were out as well as the '05. Just ordered 5 new P235/70R16 Dueler A/T REVO's from my Bridgestone/Firestone Rep today... should be here in a week or so. Had them on the '02 for around 3,000 miles and they were great....the Wrangler SRA's weren't bad, either. Anyone looking for four slightly used (<300 miles) and one new P225/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler ST's in OWL ?
Greg

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought OWL meant Outlined White Letters, like those on the Goodyear tires, versus the solid white letters. Is this incorrect?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
styng88 said:
I always thought OWL meant Outlined White Letters, like those on the Goodyear tires, versus the solid white letters. Is this incorrect?

yep.....

oh yeah..me likes them on the outside

Latest posts

Members online