ouch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife took the windshield out the other day while driving. I have had this thing on so many trails its not funny, no dents or broken glass yet. Maybe I should make it trail only so it doesnt get destroyed

You must be registered for see images

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OUCH!!!! I think it should just buff out. I mean, I didn't even notice it. Seriously, I highly reccomend Safelite. They came to my house and installed it in about 45min.:D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure safelite sends someone who knows what they are doing (basically pick a good installer) I know two people who got crappy gaskets that caused leaks or installs with weird gaps. Right after the cure period do a real nice wash-through and check for leaks.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like a bird hit maybe?

funny thing about mine is, i can drive the piss out of it for hundreds of miles sometimes a few thousand and never get a blimpish on it besides dust or a bit of mud here and there. the insides will stay perfect for long periods of time.

then just one trip to get groceries with my wife in there, it will come back with dirt, mud, paper bits in the floor, and scuff marks from her shoes on the door panels.

all one can do is laugh. .... and clean, and clean, and clean

Andynator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the dirt and grime so much. What I can't stand is when my wife has the KJ for only half a day and she runs my average mileage from 18.7 all the way down to 11 mpg!

She really likes to get her foot into it, I guess.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jack handle went through it from inside the jeep.

I tossed it in there and had the handle point forward so it would fit. She decided taking out the window was easier than running over a dog I guess.

Insurance is covering headliner, window, decal, and interior detail ( I told them it was a MUST because of the glass particals...lol) thank god I only have $100 deductible.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have little pieces of glass inside, youll never get it all out.

dealing with that myself, even after numerous details.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atleast you know who damaged your KJ :p

Someone keyed mine last weekend while it was right outside my home. I got off lucky though b/c the car parked behind mine got keyed from bumper to bumper.

They started on the back door and followed the curve of the wheel well and stoped by the Gas tank door.

$1200 to fix it and i got a $500 deductable :-(. I know I can get it repaired cheaper but the KJ is only 2 years old and I want it done right. I'm taking it to where I bought it and they Warranty the work for the life of the Jeep and are the best in the area. Most local body shops warranty for only 3months/6months/1year.

Last edited: