OUCH...look at my tire...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do I need to replace this? It's not leaking but is it safe?

You must be registered for see images

I didn't hit anything and my wife swears that she didn't.....like she never throws away my woodworking magazines either!! :^o

dnm45227

Reaction score
It'll buff out, lol. Didn't look too bad to me, but I wouldn't do any towing with it wither.

Do you have road haz, you may be able to get it replaced.

btw, the link should have the [/url] at the end of the adress like quotes.

here go

Mutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell for sure from the picture, but I'd say it's junk. You could have a blowout if you put that tire in a pothole. There is a reason tire shops won't plug or patch sidewalls.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like some scuffing on that tire too... yeah... side wall damage is not good. A tire shop can tell you for sure. Let us know...

Wildbill

Reaction score
I'm not an expert but it looks like Someone hit a curb or similar object. There are scuff marks on the sidewall near the slice. If it's holding air I'd swap it out and use it as spare. Sidewalls are nothing to mess with, they can go at any time.

Wildbill

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it's holding air I'd swap it out and use it as spare
Just what I was thinking when I first saw the shot. After the swap check the pressure regularly to see if it's leaking any. Good Luck.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Ya truth be told, my left rear has curb dent that looks rougher than that right now.

Oh well, I'm wrestling through the tire options now. Won't be long before it's a non-issue.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Looks like some scuffing on that tire too... yeah... side wall damage is not good. A tire shop can tell you for sure. Let us know...

I took it into my tireshop this morning and he said it's fine. He said there's no belt damage and it's just cosmetic. He said to check the pressure everyday for awhile and if it starts to even feel a little bit of buldge then replace it. He says it looks worse than it is. So for now, I'll babysit it and see what happens.