original jeep liberty tent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking for the original tent that came with the 02 liberty. Not the new one they sell on ebay. let me know what you got and how much to ship it to MN

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
The ones on ebay, say they are the OE tents, they attach to the back of the jeep? The ones on Ebay I saw, say they are the OE Tents:
You must be registered for see images

What do they normally look like, the one you had, or want?

I see they say 02-08 Jeep Compass too, so you know that's a crock, because the Compass is not that old, and yeah, they all look the same....

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like this
You must be registered for see images attach

lost mine in a flood. i did find one place online that sells them just wondering if anyone had one sitting around they wernt using

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like this

lost mine in a flood. i did find one place online that sells them just wondering if anyone had one sitting around they wernt using
Where did you find them for sale?

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
What is the purpose of attaching it to the back of a vehicle, except to store stuff... It would be nice if you could hook up a Fan, Heater, or a fridge or other cool thing... Maybe the music is a good thing, but I don't see a real practical purpose except that it looks cool.

I like the one YOU posted better, yeah, I don't like the ones I found on Ebay, not at all. I will be going to two Easyrider events this year, that would be nice to have as a novelty thing for people to look at.

I remember the Aztec had the same thing, the first year models came with a tent that attached to the back.

These though, includes a specially designed tent and a fitted air mattress with a manual integral inflation system. Can't find a good pic with the tent deployed, but they were cool, they CLIP on to the car...

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it really convenient. you dont have to unpack everything and keeping it in the car dosnt mean that you have to go outside to get it. keep the cooler in the car, or your clothes or valuables, and you even have the rear dome light to help you at night. I really dont even have words for how awesome this tent and its functions are. To get stuff out of the car normally involves bugs and walking on the ground barefoot, this eliminates that.

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to mention there is a 12v outlet in the back on my Rene so a power inverter and TV setup is in my future. Nothing like kicking back to sleep camping watching Friday the 13th.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Better have a good battery to run the inverter for any length of time... I use a Gell Cell for that, they are specifically designed for loads for long time intervals. They are used in powered devices for the handicapped. My uncle used to work for a company that supplied these batteries. They get rid of them after 6 months, for Federal regulations, but they last a LOT longer... They are designed to run 4-6 hours between charging... A regular car battery won't last as long.

If you can get a Gell Cell (they are VERY expensive), use an isolator system to keep both your car and gell charged, and hook up your stuff to the Gell. Since they are completely sealed, they can be inside the vehicle, they do not emit any fumes while charging. They are deigned this way, as people charge them IN HOUSE for their power chair or whatever...

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$100 for it? I wonder if they will come off the price a little? Might be worth a drive down to Thornton to get it.idea.gif

Last edited:

05Sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine of craigslist to for 50 bucks. Still have to set it up as winter came early but for 50 it was worth the gamble.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill buy it from ya for 50, ha ha. i talked to that guy on cl and he really wants to sell in person

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I would actually like to have one now... That would be cool for the Easy Rider events I go to (Chillicothe, OH & Butler, PA)... I have a HUGE tent, I may sell that, and buy one of these...

Latest posts

Members online