Opinions on clutches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I knew when I bought my Jeep that it would eventually need a new transmission. The syncros were blown out of this one when I got it. I've just been changing the fluid every few months to get the chunks of metal out. I'm thinking about replacing it very soon now with this one while the price is right: Jeep NV3550 Transmission Sale | Cherokee, Wrangler Rebuild

I'm going to go ahead and put a new clutch in it while I have it apart and was hoping for suggestions on a good brand of clutch. Should I go OEM or Luk? I was searching around on the net yesterday and I saw this one also: XTR Stage 3 Clutch Kit 2002 2004 Jeep Liberty 3 7L 2000 06 Wrangler 4 0L V6 TJ | eBay

Anyone have any good or bad experiences to share? Any particular brand I should stay away from? I appreciate any input.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Luk and sachs are now the same which is what I used, But Yes stay with OEM or Luk- I replaced my original clutch at 140K and it still had lots of meat still on it.

Latest posts

Members online