On the hunt for another CJ-6.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alljeep

Reaction score
I used to own this burgandy 1962 Willys Jeep CJ-6 AND this 1974 AMC Jeep CJ-6 at the same time and now I have none. Anyone have a line on a nice one? I don't want to restore one, just drive it. So, somewhere in between a full resto and a rust bucket would be perfect.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice looking Jeeps.

I drove by an old Jeep for sale yesterday that caught my eye. It was a flat fender with the spare mounted on the passenger side rear and it looked new so it obviously must have been rebuilt. I couldn't stop but I'm going up to the lake this weekend and will try to check it out if it's still there and see how much the're asking for it for my own curiosity. I don't know much about the old Jeeps though so I'm not sure I'd know what I was looking at.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice CJ's!

My dad had a Willys Jeep when I was a kid for winter driving in Idaho.

alljeep

Reaction score
Dave said:
Those are really nice looking Jeeps.

I drove by an old Jeep for sale yesterday that caught my eye. It was a flat fender with the spare mounted on the passenger side rear and it looked new so it obviously must have been rebuilt. I couldn't stop but I'm going up to the lake this weekend and will try to check it out if it's still there and see how much the're asking for it for my own curiosity. I don't know much about the old Jeeps though so I'm not sure I'd know what I was looking at.

notice on my old green jeep the side panel seams... The CJ6 has the extra panel between the rear wheel well and the old gas filler neck on the Willys and the punch in area on the newer green jeep cj6... approx an extra 20" of length over a CJ5... very rare, but the modern Unlimited Wrangler from 2004 through 2006 is the same thing, except a stretched wrangler instead of a stretched cj5.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alljeep...that's interesting. Anyway i was back at the place where the old flat fender was and it was sold. Didn't last a week. Somebody apparently liked it.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online