OME N132L - Wont fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tricks getting the top to fit in - seems about 1/4 inch to wide and I don't want to bend the mount any more. Should I grind the metal bushing inside the rubber grommet? Thanks..

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely the upper mounts got crushed in from the old shocks being over-torqued(OE shocks or Durango rear shocks?).

Right on the money, They were crushed from the rancho Durango shocks, I went back outside with my glasses and saw the cause. Thanks a ton..

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a threaded rod, or full length threaded bolt. Slip that through the mount holes with a nut on both ends inside the upper mount. Then crank the nut(s) out to spread the bracket back apart.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a threaded rod, or full length threaded bolt. Slip that through the mount holes with a nut on both ends inside the upper mount. Then crank the nut(s) out to spread the bracket back apart.

Just wanted to add - great way to do it. I've had this on other vehicles, including a couple Jeeps, and always used a BIG Crescent wrench. It always worked,but your idea as a spreader is a good one to file away.