OME Lift on 4-cyl KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cryption

Reaction score
I'm looking to get this basic lift:

OME 1.50" lift kit KJ

The Liberty I'm looking at is the 4-cyl 4x4 with a Manual. It's the only KJ with a Manual in 200 miles of me, and it feels peppy enough as it won't be a daily driver. I know 4-cyl garbage etc, but that's not the point for this thread.

What Front springs and struts would I want to select with the 4cyl engine? I would suspect the 2926 springs (medium) since the engine is slightly lighter then the 3.7. Thoughts?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get this basic lift:

OME 1.50" lift kit KJ

The Liberty I'm looking at is the 4-cyl 4x4 with a Manual. It's the only KJ with a Manual in 200 miles of me, and it feels peppy enough as it won't be a daily driver. I know 4-cyl garbage etc, but that's not the point for this thread.

What Front springs and struts would I want to select with the 4cyl engine? I would suspect the 2926 springs (medium) since the engine is slightly lighter then the 3.7. Thoughts?

I would still go 927/948 springs and bilstein shocks, bumpstops etc

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You know this will give you 2.5 inches of lift right?
Teraflex front bumpstops, jeepinbyal has them
two hockey pucks per side for the rear bolted down to the lower spring pad

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do 926's.... the KJ still weighs close to if not, 4000lbs, even with a 4 cyl.

<looks it up>

3,851lbs curb weight for an 05 with a 4 cyl. yeah, don't go light-medium duty on anything for a KJ.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ran 926s on mine for years, about 60-70k miles. They're on Jo6pak's KJ now. Worked great, flexed great up front, probably better than 927s would without a winch etc. Have 927s with the winch and that's good too.

Make sure you get the extended rear shocks, I think AllJ's is the only seller of the OME extended shocks. I've had bad luck with Bilstein rear shocks blowing out on me, but others haven't had that issue. Front I have Bilsteins and they're fine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ran 926s on mine for years, about 60-70k miles. They're on Jo6pak's KJ now. Worked great, flexed great up front, probably better than 927s would without a winch etc. Have 927s with the winch and that's good too.

Make sure you get the extended rear shocks, I think AllJ's is the only seller of the OME extended shocks. I've had bad luck with Bilstein rear shocks blowing out on me, but others haven't had that issue. Front I have Bilsteins and they're fine.

They have one set left and that's it. No more coming .

Latest posts

Members online