OME Lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already posted this on the lost board, but incase some people don't visit that here is a link to a little write up about the install on my KJ

http://yourip.org/eddo/ome_lift.html

"I installed the Old Man Emu lift on my 2003 Jeep Liberty (KJ). Overall I am very pleased with the lift. It definitely rides better than stock. On pavement over the little imperfection on the road is is slightly smoother; however, when hitting some nice size ruts and ditches it rides allot better than stock almost like a Cadillac. Maybe the stock suspension was bottoming out.

There is a little more body roll, but actually less than I expected when stepping in. Some stiffer, wider tires and rims with less backspacing and I'm sure it would be back to normal.

The install was not really all that difficult. It took me about 4 hours of working time to complete. I started the kit at 11am and didn't finish till 7pm. However, that includes a break for lunch, stopping to go see a 4x4 convention at my house, waiting for the struts to be compressed, clean up, and plus taking time out to take pictures and measurements. I never really rushed through any part either. If you have a decent jack, jack stands, basic hand tools and are mechanically inclined it should not be a problem for you.

I gained just about 2.5 inches in the front, that is including a 3/16 clevis lift. So without the clevis lift I would have probably gained somewhere between 2.1-2.2 inches with the medium duty springs. In the rear I forgot to take before measurements however just judging by the angle of the Jeep (still nosed down about 1/2 inch) I probably gained somewhere between 2-2.5 inches in the rear. I am assuming the lift will settle a little after the first 500-1000 miles."