Ome + h&r

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillJack

Reaction score
Hi everybody....
I'm going to try a "new" lift to my Liberty...
- Springs H&R cod. 29203 (1,5 inches)
- Shocks OME cod. n131 (front) - n132 (rear)

My KJ is gas model.

I go to purchase the following items in Italy (shocks) and Germany (springs).
And...talking about the prices...
-Shocks (2*n131+ 2*n132) ---> 449 Euro (595 $ ...more or less..)
-Springs ---> 226 Euro (299 $ ...more or less..)

Some pictures...
Tomorrow....I'll go to the shop.
Be continued...bye.

Attachments

• 02042010.jpg
    02042010.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 02042012.jpg
    02042012.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 115
  • scatol10.jpg
    scatol10.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 86
  • ome_am11.jpg
    ome_am11.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 107
  • kj_colosseo.jpg
    kj_colosseo.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
how many pound are the front and rear springs would be interesting to see how they compare to say OMEs

Good luck!

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the price of trying to have a Jeep in Europe, is like trying to own a custom BMW in America. Looks great, rare vehicle to own, but expensive if you need parts.

I'm afraid to ask about the MSRP on that thing. I know the commercials I saw in the Netherlands a couple years ago made my butt hurt. tiny tiny crappy cars are still 16,000 Euro.. :eek:

usa.gif

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hi everybody....
I'm going to try a "new" lift to my Liberty...
- Springs H&R cod. 29203 (1,5 inches)
- Shocks OME cod. n131 (front) - n132 (rear)

My KJ is gas model.

I go to purchase the following items in Italy (shocks) and Germany (springs).
And...talking about the prices...
-Shocks (2*n131+ 2*n132) ---> 449 Euro (595 $ ...more or less..)
-Springs ---> 226 Euro (299 $ ...more or less..)

Some pictures...
Tomorrow....I'll go to the shop.
Be continued...bye.

Good day,
Look forward to seeing your KJ with the lift installed!

So the price of trying to have a Jeep in Europe, is like trying to own a custom BMW in America. Looks great, rare vehicle to own, but expensive if you need parts.

I'm afraid to ask about the MSRP on that thing. I know the commercials I saw in the Netherlands a couple years ago made my butt hurt. tiny tiny crappy cars are still 16,000 Euro.. :eek:

Keep in mind that the standard of living is much higher in The Netherlands! And most of Europe for that matter!
Hell, as a parts manager for an all Classic Mini only (Austin, Morris, BMC, Leyland, Rover, Cooper(s)) I made absurd money! When I worked in Holland!
Then sell cars as well on weekends and, well, when I came back to Canada, I didn't need to work for 18 months 'cause I had enough left over!:D:D:D
And as far as tiny tiny crappy cars? Which ones?
I'd say 99% of the vehicles in Europe are far superior to those manufactured in the U.S.of A!
I sure as hell will never own a General Maintenance Corporation (GMC) product!(blarg)

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the standard of living is much higher in The Netherlands! And most of Europe for that matter!
Hell, as a parts manager for an all Classic Mini only (Austin, Morris, BMC, Leyland, Rover, Cooper(s)) I made absurd money! When I worked in Holland!
Then sell cars as well on weekends and, well, when I came back to Canada, I didn't need to work for 18 months 'cause I had enough left over!:D:D:D
And as far as tiny tiny crappy cars? Which ones?
I'd say 99% of the vehicles in Europe are far superior to those manufactured in the U.S.of A!
I sure as hell will never own a General Maintenance Corporation (GMC) product!(blarg)

it was a citroen, (blarg) Its like the Ford Festiva of Europe... wait they have one of those too..

I am just glad I can get a Frankenlift I for less than $1000 US, taking into consideration that shipping that big of a kit over seas would kill me.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, rare vehicle to own, but expensive if you need parts.

I'm afraid to ask about the MSRP on that thing. I know the commercials I saw in the Netherlands a couple years ago made my butt hurt. tiny tiny crappy cars are still 16,000 Euro..

Don't tell me... A full set of OEM MOPAR rotors and pads (rear & front) costs around USD680 eek2.gif and please don't mention the gas prices... USD3.3 per US gallon... (a year ago it was near USD4 per US gallon)

The market price of my KJ it's around USD14.000 (EUR11.000)... And it's almost a luxury vehicle here...

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
it was a citroen, (blarg) Its like the Ford Festiva of Europe... wait they have one of those too..

I am just glad I can get a Frankenlift I for less than $1000 US, taking into consideration that shipping that big of a kit over seas would kill me.

A Ford Festiva is made by KIA!
A Ford Fiesta is German FoMoCo!
And Citroen are excellent vehicles, as are Renault and Peugeot.
Nothing wrong with French automobiles!
Look at the original Bugatti! Ok, now it's owned by VW.

As far as a Frankenlift, Yeah, shipping costs are brutal!
Not to mention currency exchange!
The same goes when I import performance parts for my Mini direct from the United Kingdom! Mind you, still cheaper than buying from U.S. Mini parts retailers.

KillJack

Reaction score
Ok...Do it !!! :)

The lift was 2 inches but I believe that after one month it back 1.5 inches. I've been driving it only for one day now and I can't believe the difference. It rides so smooth compared to before.
For my Jeep style (lot of highway and less off road) it's certainly the best compromise.
Now...is a near-REAL Jeep !
Some pictures 4 U ..
Bye

Attachments

• kj_before.jpg
    kj_before.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 130
  • kj_after.jpg
    kj_after.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 131
  • twist.jpg
    twist.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

KillJack

Reaction score

usa.gif

It's correct...I agree !!!
Today, I asked to my Dealer cars (Jeep - Dodge) in Rome:
" Hi guy, how much the tail light for Jeep Liberty '05 model?"
He answered: " 140 euro + VAT (20%) " ...(about 200 USD) !!!!!!!!
He's crazy !!!!
In Ebay, I can buy same tail light 38 USD .....

Ok...the world's business is that....I like Jeep....You like Volvo....They like BMW....
For example....that one is my daddy's car...I don't like it... too big...diesel.... ;-(

Attachments

• volvo_XC90.jpg
    volvo_XC90.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

KillJack

Reaction score
..............and please don't mention the gas prices... USD3.3 per US gallon... (a year ago it was near USD4 per US gallon)

..eheheheh......This afternoon at station gas... 1,20 EUR per 1 Liter... near USD 5.65 per US gallon....
I like GAS....
:D

KillJack

Reaction score
Hiya Killjack, looks much better with the lift on! Funny how I've never heared of H&R springs...

Be careful buying taillights of E-bay, the US models cannot be used in Europe...

No fog lights....Trust me, I just threw my '05 set in the garbage...:(

Uh? Why ?
Is there not fog in the U.S.A ?
:)
I'm joking...Tony many thanks..for the tips...
Bye

Last edited:

KillJack

Reaction score
I got a picture of my Jeep (OME+H&R) and my friend's jeep (Renegade stock)...side by side...
Bye

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

iMTB

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I want to bring this thread back. I searched all over for pics of the H&R lift before I never found this thread. Now I stumbled upon it and want it to be here for others.

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to bring this thread back. I searched all over for pics of the H&R lift before I never found this thread. Now I stumbled upon it and want it to be here for others.

Hi iMTB,
you can email the direct to H&R in Germany and they wll answer back in english & quote you to ship over to the UK ( so US wouldn't be a problem). They have an Ebay account to. I did consider them before going OME for my CRD, the only reason was that I wasn't 100% sure they would hold up as i couldn't initially get a streight answer out of them and all the KJ forums round the world, but now I would consider them with OME shorcks (or Koni/Bilstein)
I will post tomorrow email contact.
Fil

Pippobug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi

Here as promised a bit more information to contact H&R in Germany, I was enquiring from my KJ that is a CRD 2.5:
First answer back ref the kit:

Hello,

they raise the car approx. 40mm in front and rear. The set includes 4 springs and will fit to your car.

Address to contact:
tuningtrend.de
GEBHARDT Marketing & Service GmbH

Neulandstrasse 28/1
74889 Sinsheim

Telefon: +49 (0) 7261-920 116
Telefax: +49 (0) 7261-920 110

E-Mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.tuningtrend.net

And if this help their rating on the spring in KG so if you can work it back into Lbs good for you:

Hello,

shocks not in our programe. The springs will fit up to the following axle-weights:

Front 1250 kg / Rear 1430 kg.

I know of Italian & German owners very happy with them and also on Lost KJ there are a couple how have fitted them and realy enjoyed them.
Hope this helps for the future.
Fil.